ELOFANS
Nov 19, 2019, 03:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Turn to stone" lyrics  (Read 2530 times)
Mannaja

View Profile
« on: Jun 07, 2005, 09:50 »

Hello.

I'm from Barcelona, Spain, so forgive me if my english is not very good.

This is a bit difficult for me to explain but I'll try:

I have some problems with some of the lyrics of "Turn to stone".
I'm talking about the section of the song where there's no music and there's only vocals. In the second line of that section they say: "Why you ain't comin' home if I'm turnin' to stone" according to the lyrics available in internet, but I'm sure that's not what they really say!...

Can somebody help me??...
Do you understand what they say in that line??...

I'll be looking forward to your answers!.

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Jun 08, 2005, 09:12 »

Yes, actually, those are the actual lyrics. I know, it's hard to understand that part of the song. But if you're like me, you can't get enough of ELO, so you deal with it! You're welcome!! :wink:
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Jun 08, 2005, 09:56 »

but what a heck..why is it so hard to understand that it is the actuall lyrics...what is so strange about em?...my english is not superb so if it is wrong grammar I understand but you see what he means there don't you?

Confused Swede
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Jun 24, 2005, 04:03 »

That part in question in that particular song is the only time as far as I know that  
 Jeff Lynne threw a time signature change into his pop catologue. Although ELO was essentially fusion it did not at all approach the avenues of real fusion. Here is a standard song with this part articulated by a delayed drum thud in a time signature shift. The lyrics match the melody by beat by choice of syllables. Dont  know what he was exactly trying to say but that segment of the song makes me think of of a goats head on a spike...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: