ELOFANS
Nov 22, 2017, 03:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoom tour live dvd  (Read 24393 times)
terri
« on: Jun 14, 2005, 07:05 »

First off, what the hell is a girl doing in the band? It should be Bev and Kelly! Can ya imagine how they feel? Second, it is painfully obvious that Rosie Vela is Jeff's sexual plaything!  it make me wanna vomit! can you say Linda mcCartney?  And does anyone else realize the drummer and bassist here are 2 brothers that used to be in david Lee Roths' band? The mullet twins! Yuk!!   This is shameless!! The only thing that saves it is richard Tandy, who somehow managed to stay on Jeff's good side. (what happened between Jeff and Bev/  Jeff and Kelly/ Jeff and m. kaminski??? All I can say is this:   jeff realized that by using the name ELO he could attract a wider audience, than just using "Jeff Lynne". Its as simple as that!!    Is Paul mcCartney alone the Beatles???  Exactly my point!!!
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:15 »

I have to agree with you on the Rosie Vela thing. But where the drummer and bassist came is not even a bit important to me. I know one thing, they are fantastic musicians, better then Kelly or Bev to me, not to speak about Marc Mann, the briljant guitarplayer!
Using ELO's name is infact using his own name, let me remind you that without Jeff in ELO, there would't be the ELO songs, cause he ALL wrote them, sang them and produced them. Without Jeff, there certainly wasn't a group called ''ELO Part Two'' or ''The Orchestra'' and you know that, they would all propably be plummers right now...
I agree, McCartney alone is not the Beatles, but Jeff alone is much more ELO than all the original bandmembers together without Jeff, that's exactly MY point!!!

Greetz Willem
terri
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:30 »

c'mon willem......go watch the 1978 concert at Wembley...THAT is ELO!!!!  If Zoom is so good, why was the tour cancelled due to low ticket sales?  Also, you GOTTA ask yourself this:  If Pink Floyd can put aside their differences, and get Waters back in the fold, my God, Jeff and Richard can make ammends with Bev, Kelly, Mik, Melvyn and Hugh!   C,mon now!!  ELO aint the Floyd!!       And as for saying those hired guns are better than Bev and Kelly? How could you?  Neil Peart (Rush) may be better than Ringo, but would ya want Peart in a Beatles reunion, or Ringo?  Case closed!
Robin Desmond
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:39 »

Just heard the amazing news that Pink Floyd will perform with Roger Waters.....the first time since 1981!!!    This will surely lead to a full tour!! My question is this:  If the mighty Floyd can put aside past differences (lawsuits over the name, certain members getting kicked out, etc), WHY THE HELL CANT ELO?Huh??  This should be a BIG lesson to Jeff, Richard, Bev, Kelly, Mik, and Hugh to get it the hell together!   As much as we all like ELO, they are nowhere near as big as the Floyd, and if they can do it, dammit, ELO can!  Put aside the stupid, petty differences!!   Lets see the REAL, COMPLETE ELO re-group.   And maybe instead of cancelled tours ( Jeff's ELO with Zoom), and playing fairs and high-school gyms (Orchestra), the REAL deal can return!!!!!!  Let the Floyd be  a lesson!!!
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2005, 12:53 »

Zoom was only cancelled because there was no descent commercial campain for zoom, many people just recently discovered zoom, 4 years after it's release!
It's fantastic that Pink Floyd are back, and ofcourse I would love it to see ELO re-group again with the original members, but that's just not going to happen if you ask me. It's a fact that the zoom band is a better band as the original band, I would love to say that the original band is better, but then I would't be honest. I read an interview with Jeff Lynne back in 2001, he said the same about the musicians....

greetz Willem
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2005, 05:56 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Zoom was only cancelled because there was no descent commercial campain for zoom, many people just recently discovered zoom, 4 years after it's release!
It's fantastic that Pink Floyd are back, and ofcourse I would love it to see ELO re-group again with the original members, but that's just not going to happen if you ask me. It's a fact that the zoom band is a better band as the original band, I would love to say that the original band is better, but then I would't be honest. I read an interview with Jeff Lynne back in 2001, he said the same about the musicians....

greetz Willem

When you mean "the original members" do you actually mean the Out of the Blue tour lineup? or do you want to see Roy Wood and Rick Price, etc back in the band...
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:13 »

no, rather not...I did indeed ment the Out Of The Blue lineup

greetz Willem
terri
« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2005, 05:49 »

greetz Willem

So is it simply who is the best?   As I said earlier, Ringo Starr is not the best drummer in the world, so would you want to see say, Neil Peart from Rush, in his place at a Beatles reunion?  I have seen "Rain", that Beatles tribute band, and they are actually BETTER musicians than the real fab four. Is that superior to Paul, John, George and Ringo? Is that what you're saying? Sure sounds like it! You want clones! If Bev and Kelly, etc. are only so-so, why did they do for all those 70's albums?  Those concerts sounded like they did BECAUSE of the way those guys played, 100% or not!!  For you to say the new guys are superior, and hence deserve to be there more is absurd!   If thats the case, lets keep Mick, but put Joe Satriani in place of Keith, and some hot session guy in place of Charlie! See how dumb that is?Huh??
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2005, 06:34 »

Quote from: "terri"

greetz Willem

So is it simply who is the best?   As I said earlier, Ringo Starr is not the best drummer in the world, so would you want to see say, Neil Peart from Rush, in his place at a Beatles reunion?  I have seen "Rain", that Beatles tribute band, and they are actually BETTER musicians than the real fab four. Is that superior to Paul, John, George and Ringo? Is that what you're saying? Sure sounds like it! You want clones! If Bev and Kelly, etc. are only so-so, why did they do for all those 70's albums?  Those concerts sounded like they did BECAUSE of the way those guys played, 100% or not!!  For you to say the new guys are superior, and hence deserve to be there more is absurd!   If thats the case, lets keep Mick, but put Joe Satriani in place of Keith, and some hot session guy in place of Charlie! See how dumb that is?Huh??
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2005, 06:42 »

No, it's not simply who is the best, I think we don't get eachother very well.
My first choice (ofcourse) would be the original lineup with Bev and Kelly. Since that's almost an impossible thought and very unlikely that it is ever going to happen, I also prefer the ''new ones'' in the band cause they are fantastic musicians, but only in case Bev and Kelly are not rejoining the band.

So no, the new ones are defenitely not superior to me, but I think they are my number one second option, in case Bev and Kelly are not in the band.

Also I would like to ask you not to get so excited everytime I say something you supposely do not like, we all have our own opinions and that's a wonderfull thing,

greetz Willem
terri
« Reply #10 on: Jun 16, 2005, 01:40 »

I only get "excited" when I see Kelly and Bev denigrated in the way that you have! SOMEONE has to come to their defense! And as far as "excited" goes, it is your messiah Jeff Lynne who has shown excitability, dragging those others thru coastly legal battles. I always wondered why Jeff HAD to write EVERY song by himself, save Roll over B......... ! It is ALL about control and POWER. I happen to know some individuals personally associated with other mega-acts, and it seems MANY bands have guys like this. Need examples? Boston, a group that sold many more records than ELO, had a power freak by the name of Tom Scholz, who threw out members at will, dragged them through legal battles, and constantly fought to control the bands name. Ditto the Cars, this time Ric Ocasek being the freak. I knew Ben Orr's (the bassist) fiance, and she said Ben described Ocasek as Hitler!!! Closer to home, remember BTO? Their "leader" was Randy Bachman, and I happen to know his brother, Robbie, the drummer. He told me himself that Randy was a control freak, always had to have the final word, and bullied the others. PLUS, again, took them through the legal hassels !!! See the pattern ?  AND THIS WAS HIS OWN BROTHER THAT SAID THIS!!!!  So yes, Willem, there IS a pattern!!! It was Jeffs way or the highway! Is this the make of a good person? Lynne didnt need to tour by 1986, yet Bevan, Groucutt, Kaminski, etc. were NOT getting the songwriting royalties Lynne had so hogged to himself. So the only REAL money they could earm was thru touring! It was out of need! Jeff simply left them high and dry! How Tandy was allowed to tag along is beyond me...maybe he had some photos of Lynne or something LOL     I have the utmost respect for Jeff as a musician, but his people skills have lacked much! One of the greatest bands have been sidelined by attitude!  And my God, if Pink Floyd can regroup and put the past behind them, ELO can!!!!! Even the Eagles for God sake did!!!   Lastly, you seem to be backpedalling on what you said earlier about Zoom band being a better band. You said that! And now you say "its NOT simply who is the best"! You said that too! Maybe you should go back and look at just what you DID say, before calling me excited. The only thing I am excited about is a return to the 1978-era line up!  Please, dont bring me down !!!!!!! And stop the "confusion" about what you did say...its all there to go over!!!   Ole !!!
cant get it out of myhead
« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2005, 06:48 »

Cant SOMEONE...anyone, tell Jeff Lynne that if Pink bloody Floyd can put their differences behind them, then ELO could?  C'mon, who would have imagined Roger Waters back in Floyd, after how many years? This should be a lesson to ELO and all those other great bands that are letting stupid, foolish pride and bull headed-ness get in the way !! (hello CCR, amongst others!) ELO's fighting and feuding in the past was NOTHING compared to Floyd's !!!  Life is too short for immature squabbling! I wish Bob Geldof had approached Jeff and the boys about putting the past behind them for the sake of Live 8, and the forgiving of debt to Africa! How could anyone say no to that?Huh?
Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2005, 06:08 »

But what would you like see put back together? Jeff believes that ELO is his band and he chooses who is in it, as he's always done. Do you want to see Roy Wood back in the band? Mike De Albuquerque? Dave Morgan? ELO has always evolved, and now Jeff has great admiration for Marc Mann. So I don't think it's fighting really that keeps certain members from helping Jeff. He just wants different people now.
Linda
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Jun 22, 2005, 09:02 »

Thats a good question.  Who should be in the band. hmmm....

Maybe its me, but I just dont see the spark in Jeff lately.  Maybe he's tired of the same old gig.
 When he performed back in 2001, I just didnt feel like he was really into it compared to years ago when he performed.

He is searching for something or someone...
cant get it out of my hea
« Reply #14 on: Jun 22, 2005, 10:41 »

C'mon people !!! Forget Roy Wood, and Mike d'Albequerque! ELO IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE : Jeff lynne, Bev Bevan, Richard Tandy, Kelly Groucutt, Mik Kaminski, Melvyn Gale, and Hugh McDowell. !!!! Pete Best may have been before Ringo, but would you rather see Pete or Ringo in a Beatles reunion? When  a band such as ELO was playing to 60,000 people in Cleveland Municipal Stadium in 1978, THOSE are the guys. OUT OF THE BLUE LINE-UP !!! It is very interesting that nobody replied to my Floyd comaprison (if they can do it.....)!!!   Instead they begin starting to talk about Dave Morgan !!  Who gives a shinealittlelove about Dave Morgan?Huh  Its like talking about david coverdale in Deep Purple, or DIO in Sabbath! People want Ian Gillan, and Ozzy, respectively!! So cut the crap, and respond to my "If Gilmour and Waters can patch things up...." piece!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: