ELOFANS
Jul 22, 2019, 05:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeff Lynne at the El Rey Theatre  (Read 4120 times)
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: Jul 04, 2005, 02:29 »

According to http://rushhoursoul.com/RushHour/2005/06/i-love-la-3.html

Jeff allegedly made an appearance at Ringo Starr's show in L.A. last week and got up and sang!

Here's an excerpt:

"The highlight of the set was the finale. With A Little Help From My Friends was all that and more. Ringo invited some celebrity guests to sing the harmonies. Get this: Gary Oldman, Doug Fieger (from the Knack), TV wonk Pat O'Brien, comedian Richard Lewis & Jeff Lynne from E.L.O. came up on stage. Wow. Gary Oldman!? One of my all-time favorite actors. It was surreal. Jeff Lynne!? Mr. Blue Sky. The best part of the evening? I got to meet Jeff Lynne, a perfectly decent chap who said, "Nice to meet you, mate." If you are a Beatles' fan, Ringo's new songs are lots of fun and I recommend a trip to his self-run website. Lots of cute film clips there."
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2005, 05:24 »

Considering the many appearances Jeff makes in Los Angeles, one would think there would be fans in Cali posing questions to him as to what he's been up to, what he's going to be up to, etc... So it seems information could be gotten if only someone would ask...
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Jul 04, 2005, 05:31 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Considering the many appearances Jeff makes in Los Angeles, one would think there would be fans in Cali posing questions to him as to what he's been up to, what he's going to be up to, etc... So it seems information could be gotten if only someone would ask...

Well Californians are known to be laid back, so maybe they just don't bother him. It's either that, or they're asking and keeping the info top secret. :wink:
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Jul 04, 2005, 05:38 »

Here's another link which says Jeff showed up.

http://www.riprense.com/Ringo.htm
beachboy
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Jul 04, 2005, 05:44 »

Quote from: "Admin"

Well Californians are known to be laid back, so maybe they just don't bother him. It's either that, or they're asking and keeping the info top secret. :wink:

Agreed... Very much like Melbourne and Sydney here. You can walk down the street in certain parts and be outnumbered by celebrities. One can get pretty blase about it especially in Cali. Also its amazing how many famous people I've seen in a cafe or venue and never had the courage to hassle them. It takes someone with alot of front to approach them..

Beach
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: Jul 04, 2005, 07:41 »

Someone would have to see him first and in a place where he would be approachable. I am a Californian and I am not blase, especially not about musicians like Jeff Lynne. But I don't have a clue where he would be at a specific time and place. And I wouldn't know what to say if I saw him LOLOL  I would probably be speechless!

ELO_chick
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2005, 05:18 »

Some photos, which include Jeff can be found here:

http://homepage.mac.com/yllow_submarine1973/PhotoAlbum9.html

and

http://homepage.mac.com/yllow_submarine1973/PhotoAlbum10.html
Utter
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Jul 05, 2005, 10:19 »

is it only me or has Jeff got himself a haircut?? =)

///Utter
Tanja
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2005, 02:51 »

Hello! Cool

At www.elonetwork.com/news there is also a new photo at a filmpremiere in los angeles 31st May which shows his new Hairstyle.I find with the new Haircut he looks younger.
What do you thing?
Does anybody knows which filmpremiere.

Greetings from Germany Cool  :lol:  Cool

Tanja
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Jul 09, 2005, 05:44 »

Quote from: "Tanja"
I find with the new Haircut he looks younger.
What do you thing?
Does anybody knows which filmpremiere.

Greetings from Germany Cool  :lol:  Cool

Tanja

Yes that was at a special screening of Dennis Hopper's "The Last Movie", newly restored, at the Playboy Mansion on May 31, 2005 in Holmby Hills, California.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/53004719.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DED2E72DB43C85B445470B47DA2C62391A621B2AC3A62513D3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: