ELOFANS
Sep 26, 2017, 10:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Further Remasters Of ELO Albums  (Read 18987 times)
Judemac
« on: Jul 07, 2005, 05:41 »

Does anyone know if they are going to remaster "Face The Music", "New World Record" & "Out Of the Blue" with bonus tracks? It appears either there was nothing to add or simply the albums stood the test of time on the original track sequence. Just wondering really  :?
Judemac at the beach in Southern California

http://www.webspawner.com/users/judemac/index.html
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2005, 01:46 »

I know there's an unreleased song called "Supersonic" which should show up on one of those records when the remasters resume, but I can't confirm that.
ELOISM
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2005, 05:23 »

"Supersonic" . Never heard that one. Something to look forward to.
Judemac
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2005, 03:48 »

Quote from: "Admin"
I know there's an unreleased song called "Supersonic" which should show up on one of those records when the remasters resume, but I can't confirm that.

Well, never heard about that track but it may be a demo like the one included on the "Eldorado" remaster. Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep my eyes & ears open & check here. It would be nice to to do some more remasters because the rehash of 'Best Of's" are getting boring...
Judemac at the beach in Southern California

Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Jul 09, 2005, 01:56 »

No, SUPERSONIC is a finished song. And a great one it is ...according to those fans who got the chance to listen to it at a German fan convention in September 2004. Rob Caiger who had been invited as a special guest  also played a wealth of  unreleased alternative versions of ELO songs.
beachboy
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: Jul 09, 2005, 03:00 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
No, SUPERSONIC is a finished song. And a great one it is ...according to those fans who got the chance to listen to it at a German fan convention in September 2004. Rob Caiger who had been invited as a special guest  also played a wealth of  unreleased alternative versions of ELO songs.

What I find annoying about the unreleased stuff is how they are milking it for all theyre worth. Instead of gathering it all and releasing an ELO rarities album, we have to buy EVERY back catalogue remaster in order to hear them.

Beach
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Jul 09, 2005, 03:33 »

No, SUPERSONIC is a finished song. And a great one it is ...

Yes I believe that song was written for the TV show Supersonic which Mike Mansfield had a hand in. Mike Mansfield was also the producer for the Wembley video and many other ELO TV productions.
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Jul 09, 2005, 07:19 »

Supersonic. So there is a song and perhaps some unreleased video thing. This is when it starts to get really fascinating. I would like to see it plus the interview segment with the guy who introduced himself as someone from outer space. I always wondered if there was a version of the Wembley concert without the fishtank effects. Did I dream that Kelly Groucutt plays a Hoffner bass in the TRAIN OF GOLD clip or does he actually play a Hoffner?
ELOISM
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 13, 2005, 07:44 »

Supersonic. So there is a song and perhaps some unreleased video thing. This is when it starts to get really fascinating. I would like to see it plus the interview segment with the guy who introduced himself as someone from outer space. I always wondered if there was a version of the Wembley concert without the fishtank effects. Did I dream that Kelly Groucutt plays a Hoffner bass in the TRAIN OF GOLD clip or does he actually play a Hoffner?

You were not dreaming I don't think. But I did forget to log in.
I know who you are and you know who I am. Thanks ELOISM.
Judemac
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Jul 13, 2005, 03:34 »

Quote from: "beachboy"

What I find annoying about the unreleased stuff is how they are milking it for all theyre worth. Instead of gathering it all and releasing an ELO rarities album, we have to buy EVERY back catalogue remaster in order to hear them.

Beach

I agree with you beachboy on milking it out every back catalogue album. Then again, They have done this with "The Beatles" as well. Making money is what the record companies want and tracks not worthy of selling won't be on remasters. Only collectors really want the rare stuff anyway, Right!
Judemac at the beach in Southern California...

ELOISM
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 15, 2005, 06:14 »

The FLASHBACK triple CD set had a bunch of obscure goodies on it and it still seemed to sell pretty well. It is worth purchasing if you have not already been out of the blue to get it. Any naughty details on where I might be able to get my hands on this much spoken about Into the Light treasure trove thing?
« Reply #11 on: Jul 16, 2005, 10:53 »

Balance of Power could also be a nice remaster. A lot of outakes and different versions of songs .

- Heaven Only Knows , i was blown away when i heard this song on a fan meeting. this version begins with a prayer

- A Matter a Fact   , alternat lyrics

- ELO Megamix  . a B side of Getting to the point but quickly withdrawn by Jeff . allmost 10 minutes !

- Caught in a Trap

a new remaster of Secret Messages with Beatles Forever, Hello My Old Friend  would also be nice

If There are no great bonus tracks for Face the Music or A New Wolrd Record they could made 1 remaster with both LP's.

Daan
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: Jul 17, 2005, 12:24 »

Quote from: "guest"

If There are no great bonus tracks for Face the Music or A New Wolrd Record they could made 1 remaster with both LP's.

Daan

I know there are some more alternate takes and/or mixes of tracks from those albums - kind of like the alternate Do Ya and Mission which showed up on Flashback.

The alternate beginning to "Heaven Only Knows" is cool too. Balance of Power was supposed to be finished in the summer of 85, but Jeff was dissatisified with it and had it entirely remixed. BOP finally came out about a year later than planned. Whether this "Heaven" alternate was from the original sessions, is unclear to me.
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Jul 17, 2005, 04:35 »

I have an interview with Jeff in which he said when asked why "Beatles Forever" wasn't included.

"I really don't  know why that wasn't included - just kidding.  It's just one I'd rather keep in the cupboard....it's so fawning ya know, it's so over the top. Ya know. Well maybe one day we'll put it out, but I'd sooner redo it or something."

So don't hold your breath.

ELO_chick
flynnstudio
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 17, 2005, 10:58 »

yeah, a 'restored' Secret messages which is TRUE to the original concept released as a double CD album with properly mixed and mastered version of the songs that got binned. Would give jeff something invigortating to do in between louging around the pool in all that hot californian sunshine.

ttp://www.chrisflynn.org
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: