ELOFANS
Dec 01, 2020, 06:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeff Lynne On Tour?  (Read 4891 times)
Mr. Radio
« on: Feb 10, 2006, 02:40 »

Do you think Jeff will ever tour again?  I think with all the publicity surrounding the remasters and the non-stop use of ELO in commercials he would be able to sustain a small venue tour at the very least.  Look at Billy Joel for God's sake!  The man announces that he doesn't write music anymore and then he sells out the Garden 12 times over!  To top it off, Billy Joel hasn't produced a decent album since The Nylon Curtain!

C'mon Jeff!  Hit the road!
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2006, 06:31 »

i agree - i'd love to see it.  we all know he doesn't dig the road, but how about a limited tour of maybe 6 or 7 major cities across the usa?  i suspect it would do quite well.
milliemoop
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2006, 01:46 »

we in the UK would love to see jeff tour over here
tcwh1971
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2006, 02:59 »

It would be really good if he did an Acoustic Tour, just him and perhaps a couple of other musicans like Richard on piano - now that would be cool. But let's face it, it's widely known he's not all that keen on touring that much and who can blame him, espcially when he's done all that with ELO in the 70's. Anyway, as I said a stripped down Acoutic Tour would be good and it would do us ELO fans the world of good.
ELOZoom
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 27, 2006, 05:41 »

It would be nice. But I can't see it happening. He's a creature of the studio.

f your heart could talk I wonder what it would tell me.
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2006, 03:39 »

Quote from: "ELOZoom"
It would be nice. But I can't see it happening. He's a creature of the studio.

Well you never know...before Zoom came out people were saying the same thing. Then Jeff did three shows, attempted a tour, and also played at the Concert for George. And he really did enjoy performing at Storytellers and the PBS shows. I guess it has to be the right place at the right time...
saturn111

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Apr 08, 2006, 05:48 »

That would be the best show provided it included all the string. I would pay big bucks to see it. I just love ELO. I always have. I am so glad to see there is a following out there. Thank you very much for this Website. I am 40 years old and have been listening to ELO since I was 8 years old. Although I don't know much of any of the new stuff, I love the old stuff. I sure love Evil Women and Turn to Stone.

Maybe one day he will tour. It would be an incredible show. My long lost friend Terri had dinner with him a very long time ago. At that time I never gave it a second thought, bought now wished it could have been me.

I just want to say thanks to Jeff and all the people who have made ELO possible.   :lol:

Laura
ELOZoom
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 08, 2006, 07:06 »

Quote from: "Admin"

Well you never know...before Zoom came out people were saying the same thing. Then Jeff did three shows, attempted a tour, and also played at the Concert for George. And he really did enjoy performing at Storytellers and the PBS shows. I guess it has to be the right place at the right time...

I agree with that thought. Only time will tell.

And if he does I'm going into it not expecting the old gang to be there just for my benefit. It has to be his choice.

f your heart could talk I wonder what it would tell me.
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2006, 08:34 »

What about ELO world tour going on right now. Who is playing if not Jeff?
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: Apr 15, 2006, 08:09 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
What about ELO world tour going on right now. Who is playing if not Jeff?
Well in fact its Orchestra that are on the road, i know that Mik Kaminski, Kelly Groucut and Louis Clark are in the band along with other members of elo part 2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: