ELOFANS
Dec 01, 2020, 06:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Further Remasters Of ELO Albums  (Read 26853 times)
Marc
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2006, 02:50 »

Hi all

My friend who handles publicity for SONY BMG in their London offices revealed to me that the overdue CD remasters of the ELO back catologue will get into full swing in March with the expanded remasters of the first two ELO albums. I told him I knew this already to which he replied that that was not all. Probing him further about this he swore me to secrecy and stated that On The Third Day, Face The Music and A New World Record expanded remasters will follow in April. Out Of The Blue and Balance Of Power will follow in June. As proof he brought round and showed me the Sony BMG release schedule for the first half of this year and sure enough the ELO titles were all on there. Yippeeee!!!!! I'm so excited I've racing round the room in delirious excitement!!!!
Shannon6
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2006, 03:20 »

Wow! That's fantastic news Marc. Was there any info about bonus material on the releases that your freind was able to tell you about?
Marc
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2006, 03:23 »

Hi Shannon

I did ask my friend if he had any information about the bonus material on these releases but he told me that the release dates were all he had at the moment. Though it said April and June as the months of release it did not state actual dates. As soon as prise any of this info from my friend I'll let you and other fans know.

Regards

Marc
Darren K
« Reply #33 on: Feb 01, 2006, 03:29 »

Hi Marc

Thanks for sharing the good news with us. This is long overdue. I for one will be rushing out to buy these on the day of release. One thing though. Was there any sign that Secret Messages might be reissued with all the orginal tracks (Beatles Forever) in place. I've heard many times that this was supposed to be a double album. The current remaster is fine but really does lack those additional tracks.

DK
Darren
« Reply #34 on: Feb 01, 2006, 03:32 »

That's a good question Darren. I'd love to see a reissue of Secret Messages with the missing songs in place too. Next time I see my friend I'll probe him about this and see what I can find out.  

Marc
gregralls
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: Feb 02, 2006, 12:24 »

wow, i just got into the band this year (though i've enjoyed them from afar for years).  guess i'll be giving some of the cds i just bought last month to friends, as i'll surely be buying all of the new ones.  aren't the first two albums already out as expanded remasters in that first light series, though?

reg
« Reply #36 on: Feb 05, 2006, 12:01 »

This is on the website of the official dutch fanclub  :

1st February 2006 - Release news. Sony BMG planned three Legacy Editions of the Electric Light Orchestra to be released in May 2006. They are Balance Of Power, On The Third Day and Out Of The Blue. More news in the upcoming newsletter Time No. 7 (we hope).
[source: Sony BMG The Netherlands]
Mr Stranger83
« Reply #37 on: Feb 25, 2006, 07:07 »

you may or may not have heard it, but according to cduniverse.com no answer is being re-released on March 28, 2006, the only info on it was that all tracks are re-mastered..., here is the re-master we've been waiting for!
Anonymous
« Reply #38 on: Feb 25, 2006, 07:08 »

the same with ELO II
Anonymous
« Reply #39 on: Feb 27, 2006, 05:14 »

Update: No Answer Bonus Tracks: The Battle of Marston Moore Take 1
                                                  10538 Overture (The Move/ELO)

ELO II Bonus Tracks: In Old England Town (B-side of Showdown, Imtrumetal)                          Baby I Aplogize (Session Outtake)
                                           Auntie (Ma-Ma-Ma Belle, Take 1)
                                           Auntie (Ma-Ma-Ma Belle, Take 2)
                                           Mambo (Dreaming of 4000, Take 1)
                                           Everybody's Born to Die
                                           Roll Over Beethoven (Take 1)

Thanks to barnesandnobles.com for all new info!
Anonymous
« Reply #40 on: Mar 07, 2006, 04:08 »

Are all the bonus tracks the same as the ones on the EMI remasters from 2 years ago?  If so, why buy these?
Anonymous
« Reply #41 on: Mar 09, 2006, 11:43 »

i dunno, maybe these tracks are of better quality? i have no idea
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: Mar 10, 2006, 01:53 »

Quote from: "Marc"
Hi all

My friend who handles publicity for SONY BMG in their London offices revealed to me that the overdue CD remasters of the ELO back catologue will get into full swing in March with the expanded remasters of the first two ELO albums. I told him I knew this already to which he replied that that was not all. Probing him further about this he swore me to secrecy and stated that On The Third Day, Face The Music and A New World Record expanded remasters will follow in April. Out Of The Blue and Balance Of Power will follow in June. As proof he brought round and showed me the Sony BMG release schedule for the first half of this year and sure enough the ELO titles were all on there. Yippeeee!!!!! I'm so excited I've racing round the room in delirious excitement!!!!

Looks like On The Third Day, Face The Music and A New World Record expanded remasters will come out on May 16 according to http://www.musictap.net .
Anonymous
« Reply #43 on: Mar 16, 2006, 09:13 »

figures, i just got face the music and new world record....
Anonymous
« Reply #44 on: Mar 16, 2006, 10:34 »

Great! Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: