ELOFANS
Sep 26, 2017, 10:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bev back with the boys in the band (comment)  (Read 14710 times)
beachboy
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: Jul 05, 2005, 02:52 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Hello ELO_chick,

You're probably right about the floyd doing an album or a tour.
But I would'nt rule out another special appearance concert of some sort in the future.At least thats what I think.
Roger seemed genuinely very happy to be on the stage again.
I'm not saying this has anything to do with anything at all.
As for ELO the point of my comments is that anything can be overcome even a complicated feud.
Lets hope that this can be accomplished starting with Jeff and Bev and Richard.
I hope that any former member of ELO would read these comments from the fans and realise how we feel.
But ultimately it's their decision of course.

Later!

D.M.
Harrisburg, PA. USA

Unfortunately Nick Mason and David Gilmour have ruled out any further reunions. Personally I wouldnt want ELO to reform under those circumstances. If ELO was to reform, sure there would be money involved, its their living, but it would be an insult to audiences if they did it under condition or worst still just for the money.

There are alot of Move and ELO fans saying some ridiculous crap about Bev for using The Move name. Fans are upset because Carl Wayne dies while working on remasters of old Move material and never wanted to reform the band unless Roy was involved. So to fans Bev is a callous bastard out for the bucks. I say that Bev was also a member of the Move, from the very beginning. Carls gone, Roy doesnt want a bar of it so why the hell cant he use the name. At least Move songs are played live and het gets to do what he loves.

Beach
ELOISM
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 13, 2005, 07:20 »

Interesting to see Phil Bates in for a bit exposure with Bev yet again.
Anonymous
« Reply #17 on: Jul 27, 2005, 09:41 »

Hi all. I've been an ELO fan ever since I heard the intro to '10538 Overture' (as a 13 year old). Of course, I have the lot, on vinyl + 'Zoom' and the 'Zoom' DVD.

I don't think its possible that ELO will ever re-unite and/or tour, especially since 'Zoom' bombed. The only spark of encouragemnt was the release of 'All Over the World - the very best of ELO' which seems to have done remarkably well. Its not available here (in Malta) - yet.

I think we'll just have to live off the memories.

Chris
Anonymous
« Reply #18 on: Jul 27, 2005, 11:07 »

I regret it, but I think you're right about that. I would love to see Jeff live sometime, but I fear it's never going to happen

Willem
www.alternativa.nl
Anonymous
« Reply #19 on: Jul 28, 2005, 02:36 »

Life is certainly full of unexpected surprises and I would not rule out some type  
of reunion taking place at some point. A lot of key members, naturally Jeff included, are still alive and that means something might happen. There is still hope and whilst there is hope there is always still a chance of something..
beachboy
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: Aug 05, 2005, 02:45 »

Hi all. I've been an ELO fan ever since I heard the intro to '10538 Overture' (as a 13 year old). Of course, I have the lot, on vinyl + 'Zoom' and the 'Zoom' DVD.

I don't think its possible that ELO will ever re-unite and/or tour, especially since 'Zoom' bombed. The only spark of encouragemnt was the release of 'All Over the World - the very best of ELO' which seems to have done remarkably well. Its not available here (in Malta) - yet.

I think we'll just have to live off the memories.

Chris

Kif Inti

Are you Maltese Chris? So am I.. Was born there and been raised in Australia...

Beach
Anonymous
« Reply #21 on: Oct 09, 2005, 10:45 »

so i got photos of Bev and the band... and some small... 10 - 15
second videos of the gig at the jamhouse / birmingham.

can i add them to the galleries?

Taf
Anonymous
« Reply #22 on: Nov 09, 2005, 04:38 »

Quote from: "beachboy"
Hello ELO_chick,

You're probably right about the floyd doing an album or a tour.
But I would'nt rule out another special appearance concert of some sort in the future.At least thats what I think.
Roger seemed genuinely very happy to be on the stage again.
I'm not saying this has anything to do with anything at all.
As for ELO the point of my comments is that anything can be overcome even a complicated feud.

Lets hope that this can be accomplished starting with Jeff and Bev and Richard.
I hope that any former member of ELO would read these comments from the fans and realise how we feel.
But ultimately it's their decision of course.

Later!

D.M.
Harrisburg, PA. USA

Unfortunately Nick Mason and David Gilmour have ruled out any further reunions. Personally I wouldnt want ELO to reform under those circumstances. If ELO was to reform, sure there would be money involved, its their living, but it would be an insult to audiences if they did it under condition or worst still just for the money.

There are alot of Move and ELO fans saying some ridiculous crap about Bev for using The Move name. Fans are upset because Carl Wayne dies while working on remasters of old Move material and never wanted to reform the band unless Roy was involved. So to fans Bev is a callous bastard out for the bucks. I say that Bev was also a member of the Move, from the very beginning. Carls gone, Roy doesnt want a bar of it so why the hell cant he use the name. At least Move songs are played live and het gets to do what he loves.

Beach

Hello Beach, go to the roger waters web site and read his comments.
He says that he would gladly perform with the rest of floyd, to me thats a start in the right direction.

D.M.
Anonymous
« Reply #23 on: Nov 20, 2005, 09:00 »

I know that this is an ELO discussion area but one last comment about pink floyd to
ELO_chick.
This was posted on Roger waters online fairly recently:

LATEST NEWS

Roger Waters may play again with Pink Floyd
___ Roger Waters has told Italian journalists he may well play again with Pink Floyd. Also Roger mentioned the fact that his Father's death in Italy has meant he feels close to the country.

"Playing again together at Live 8, doing the old songs, was very moving. For over 20 years David and I maintained extreme positions but now I realise that my behavior was very childish. As in all things one has to find common ground, meet halfway. That's why I can say today that you never know, it could happen."

"Politicians never turn down cheap publicity and getting a photo session with a rock star is just that, even for (British Prime Minister) Tony Blair. But the reality is that just the other day it was decided to forgive part of the Third World's debt. But much more needs to be done, if we do not do something to resolve the disparity between the rich and poor we run the risk that the anger of the poor will explode. This could even happen in the United States where the rich keep getting richer and the poor poorer."

"My father is buried in Anzio, where he was killed during the Allied landing. This makes me feel very close to Italy."  

Well I think that is a monumental step in the right direction and very surprising that roger is making the first move.

D.M.
Harrisburg, PA. USA
Anonymous
« Reply #24 on: Dec 28, 2005, 09:32 »

Does anybody know where one can get the  gig dates for The Move for 2006? I'm looking at being in the UK in late August / early September of 06. I realize this may be to far out to know but I'm just curious as to the best website to monitor..if any.

A.S.
Salem, Oregon  USA
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: Dec 30, 2005, 04:53 »

Check out  http://www.bevbevansmove.com/tour%20dates.htm
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: Feb 05, 2006, 06:20 »

I know that this is an ELO discussion area but one last comment about pink floyd to
ELO_chick.
This was posted on Roger waters online fairly recently:

LATEST NEWS

Roger Waters may play again with Pink Floyd
___ Roger Waters has told Italian journalists he may well play again with Pink Floyd. Also Roger mentioned the fact that his Father's death in Italy has meant he feels close to the country.

"Playing again together at Live 8, doing the old songs, was very moving. For over 20 years David and I maintained extreme positions but now I realise that my behavior was very childish. As in all things one has to find common ground, meet halfway. That's why I can say today that you never know, it could happen."

"Politicians never turn down cheap publicity and getting a photo session with a rock star is just that, even for (British Prime Minister) Tony Blair. But the reality is that just the other day it was decided to forgive part of the Third World's debt. But much more needs to be done, if we do not do something to resolve the disparity between the rich and poor we run the risk that the anger of the poor will explode. This could even happen in the United States where the rich keep getting richer and the poor poorer."

"My father is buried in Anzio, where he was killed during the Allied landing. This makes me feel very close to Italy."  

Well I think that is a monumental step in the right direction and very surprising that roger is making the first move.

D.M.
Harrisburg, PA. USA

Sorry to stay off topic, but just one last word...this came out on February 4, 2006

PINK FLOYD & ROGER WATERS DENY CONCERT RUMOURS

About talk in the media of upcoming Pink Floyd reunion shows at London's Royal Albert Hall at the end of the year, the band themselves have come together to officially deny these rumours.

Their statement advises that David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright are joined by Roger Waters in categorically stating that there is no truth in the recent news reports about a Pink Floyd tour planned for this Autumn.

David Gilmour said: ?Since Live 8 there are certain sections of the media that have deliberately misled fans and public by inventing stories and quotes about Pink Floyd touring: Nick, Richard, Roger and I are telling fans directly that this is not happening. We are also asking the various parties who are fabricating these stories to desist, if only for the sake of the fans.?

Please do not believe ticket agents, parts of the media with "exclusives" from "band insiders", and any other places claiming to know different! Should any decision be made for ANY activity, it will be announced properly through official channels. All that these false announcements have done have cruelly raised the hopes and expectations of fans worldwide, as is clear from our email inbox!

Doesn't sound like the olive branch was accepted.

ELO_chick
Anonymous
« Reply #27 on: Jul 12, 2006, 05:07 »

Went to see them twice in Birmingham (Jamhouse )
( recommend the food .. as well the the music )
Got a photo with Bev and the other lads

Stunned and shocked.. eating my meal ...familiar
voice pipes up ( stood next to my table )...
Had to say hello of course

still stunning to watch ( he is why i drum )
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: