ELOFANS
Sep 26, 2017, 10:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Orchestra Tour News and DVD Clips (article)  (Read 12179 times)
Anonymous
« on: Jul 26, 2004, 02:41 »

The Orchestra Show in Toledo was simply fantastic.  They all sounded great and really had the crowd going with ELO and Orchesta songs!  Damn Hux was good!  Thanks guys for keeping the ELO sound alive!  

Mike and Tina From Detroit, MI
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2004, 06:13 »

THE ORCHESTRA: Feature former members of Electric Light Orchestra; benefits Rockhurst High School Bridging the Gap program. 7:30 p.m. Sept. 25, Rose Theatre, 9301 State Line Road. $35 general admission; $50 terrace; and $75 orchestra section. www.rockhursths.edu (816-363-2039, Ext. 581)
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2004, 04:35 »

hey, when are the orchestra going to be playing in tucson or phoenix, az. please let me know, they are it. cant wait to hear them again.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2005, 06:55 »

Give me a break! Jeff Lynne wrote 'em all, and sang em all! A band minus him is a cover band! Richard Tandy was smart enough to steer clear of this trash! And what happened to Kelly G.'s hair? Or is he even still in it? Bev has flown the coup, smart man!!!    Parthenon huxley couldn't hold Melvyn Gale's drinking glass!   Unless Jeff is singing, forget the pretending!  Would it be Satisfaction w/out Mick singing?    Case closed!!!!
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:17 »

totally agree!

Willem
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2005, 05:42 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Give me a break! Jeff Lynne wrote 'em all, and sang em all! A band minus him is a cover band! Richard Tandy was smart enough to steer clear of this trash! And what happened to Kelly G.'s hair? Or is he even still in it? Bev has flown the coup, smart man!!!    Parthenon huxley couldn't hold Melvyn Gale's drinking glass!   Unless Jeff is singing, forget the pretending!  Would it be Satisfaction w/out Mick singing?    Case closed!!!!

So are you opposed to any band covering ELO, or just bands with a few former members covering ELO? I enjoy seeing bands perform ELO tunes and have the chance to hear the music performed live in front of an audience. And if that band happens to have some members that once played in ELO, that's a bonus.
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2005, 09:14 »

Man, you are easy to please. I should get some guys together , call it C.L.O. (Candle Light Orchestra) and start selling tickets! How many do ya want? To add SOME legitimacy to it, I will try to get ELO's sound guy from the 70's! Is that still good enuf for ya?  A former background vocalist (and ONE violinist) DO NOT constitute any kind of substitute for the real thing!!!
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2005, 02:51 »

I must agree with you both. First I would have only agreed with the ''guest'' above, but indeed, it IS fun to see ELO-songs stil live performed, but then again I'd rather have the real ELO.

greetz Willem
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: Jun 21, 2005, 03:46 »

Man, you are easy to please. I should get some guys together , call it C.L.O. (Candle Light Orchestra) and start selling tickets! How many do ya want? To add SOME legitimacy to it, I will try to get ELO's sound guy from the 70's! Is that still good enuf for ya?  A former background vocalist (and ONE violinist) DO NOT constitute any kind of substitute for the real thing!!!

Yeah, I would go to that- I'm sure the sound guy would have some interesting things to say. But if I had to choose between that and seeing Jeff perform live on the same night, of course I would choose the latter.
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Jun 21, 2005, 03:51 »

I must agree with you both. First I would have only agreed with the ''guest'' above, but indeed, it IS fun to see ELO-songs stil live performed, but then again I'd rather have the real ELO.

greetz Willem

Absolutely. It's great to hear ELO music in a public place even if it's on the radio or a CD. To have a full band play it, is even better, but again, if there's a chance to see Jeff perform the music, who would turn that down?
ELOISM
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jun 30, 2005, 03:23 »

Louis Clark summed it up by saying the band _THE ORCHESTRA_ is the best it has sounded in 27 years. I would love to see THE ORCHESTRA in concert. It would be much better than going to see Jeff and the ZOOM robots. I have two choices, I can either watch the ZOOM robots or buy their DVDs or buy another ELO Greatest Hits CD or buy NO REWIND and go and see THE ORCHESTRA. I think the latter would be the most worthwhile thing to do. THE ORCHESTRA can pretty much stand up by itself. Eric and Hux should phase out the older songs and write more new material.. seems fair.
ELOISM
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2005, 03:27 »

Administration please delete my squabble mails and publicly displayed mail address. I have returned and I am going to become a major contributor.
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2005, 06:19 »

Quote from: "ELOISM"
Louis Clark summed it up by saying the band _THE ORCHESTRA_ is the best it has sounded in 27 years. I would love to see THE ORCHESTRA in concert. It would be much better than going to see Jeff and the ZOOM robots. I have two choices, I can either watch the ZOOM robots or buy their DVDs or buy another ELO Greatest Hits CD or buy NO REWIND and go and see THE ORCHESTRA. I think the latter would be the most worthwhile thing to do. THE ORCHESTRA can pretty much stand up by itself. Eric and Hux should phase out the older songs and write more new material.. seems fair.

Amen!

Welcome aboard!

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Jul 01, 2005, 01:18 »

Quote from: "ELOISM"

You rock!!

ELO_chick
Anonymous
« Reply #14 on: Jul 04, 2005, 02:43 »

Hey Everybody, all politics aside I went to a show in arlington hts it was real good. I have been a huge fan for awhile. These guys were in elo and they do have an authentic sound. No doubt about it jeff lynn was good but he cannot let go, and he needs to.   Kelly and Mick sound real good and if most of you are true music lovers there is nothing better than an outdoor summer show! Besides they both flew in from England to do the show can't debate that kind of loyalty to fans. Have a good fourh
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: