ELOFANS
Nov 22, 2017, 03:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Orchestra Tour News and DVD Clips (article)  (Read 12342 times)
ELOISM
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jul 15, 2005, 01:57 »

Whats it like hearing Kelly singing the lead on some of the ole ELO songs?
Are they throwing in any of the ELO II band songs? How was Eric? Good?
Anonymous
« Reply #16 on: Mar 13, 2006, 01:53 »

Quote from: "whiskeygirl"
Quote from: "ELOISM"
Louis Clark summed it up by saying the band _THE ORCHESTRA_ is the best it has sounded in 27 years. I would love to see THE ORCHESTRA in concert. It would be much better than going to see Jeff and the ZOOM robots. I have two choices, I can either watch the ZOOM robots or buy their DVDs or buy another ELO Greatest Hits CD or buy NO REWIND and go and see THE ORCHESTRA. I think the latter would be the most worthwhile thing to do. THE ORCHESTRA can pretty much stand up by itself. Eric and Hux should phase out the older songs and write more new material.. seems fair.

Amen!

Welcome aboard!

Serena
vermillion
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Mar 15, 2006, 08:45 »

With regards to the posts earlier in this topic declaring there is no point in Kelly and Co continuing with their touring because it's not the same. I have seen ELO live on the Time tour in Birmingham...I witnessed ELOp2 on a few occasions and have compared that to what I watched Jeff do DVD in 2001. And I have to say that my opinions of the sound presented by ELOp2 was far closer in atmosphere an feeling to what I witnessed back in the early eighties. The music offered to us by Jeff's backing band for the ill fated Zoom tour was nothing short of weak and passionless. Yes, Jeff is a legend and a genius and has a very unique sound...But ELO were a band, their individual members brought with them their own unique passion for playing those notes which really cannot be duplicated, so hearing them live with ELOp2 or Orchestra for me is a moving experience.
I only hope that one day in the future, Jeff will look to the truth that lies beyond the afterglow and perform...even a one off show...with the old gang. That would be a magical moment...and I guarantee that Bev would come running should that ever happen.
Anonymous
« Reply #18 on: Mar 16, 2006, 02:20 »

Quote from: "vermillion"
That would be a magical moment...and I guarantee that Bev would come running should that ever happen.

everyone would come running...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: