ELOFANS
Sep 24, 2017, 03:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ELO ex-members hold on tight to their roots (article)  (Read 14887 times)
Anonymous
« on: Nov 26, 2005, 01:22 »

"With Jeff Lynne currently unwilling to work with his former colleagues, Kelly, ELO's bassist from 1974 till 1983, says ELO Part II Former Members is the only way fans can see ELO material being performed live"

Horse feathers! You can call yourself The Orchestra and still perform the songs. What a liar!
ELOZoom
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2006, 12:21 »

Feh! Let them do what they want to do. Jeff isn't going to bother them and he's probably laughing as hard as I am over this nonsense.

f your heart could talk I wonder what it would tell me.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2006, 07:39 »

Quote from: "ELOZoom"
Feh! Let them do what they want to do. Jeff isn't going to bother them and he's probably laughing as hard as I am over this nonsense.

Not any more. A friend e-mailed me that Jeff is suing them over false advertising in Europe.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2006, 08:16 »

Quote from: "ELOZoom"

The latest is that they changed their name back to Orchestra.
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2006, 09:40 »

Hey buddy, who cares about their scrappin.  I've been to Elo and Elo Part 2 Concerts.  Lemme tell ya, Jeff Lynne is a great performer, but so is everyone else who has ever had the honor to play with any incarnation of Elo.  I've had better times at Part 2 Concerts, and if "The Orchestra" wants to come to town I'll friggin be there!
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2006, 01:46 »

ELO Part 2 Former Members....you couldn't dream up something funnier than that, even in Spinal Tap!

Darren Skuja
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Apr 15, 2006, 02:50 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
ELO Part 2 Former Members....you couldn't dream up something funnier than that, even in Spinal Tap!

Darren Skuja

They gotta do what they gotta do, otherwise...no live ELO with actual members!
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Apr 15, 2006, 03:09 »

I'm someone who feels that Jeff Lynne was the absolute nucleus of ELO, and any project without him cannot and must not be ELO in any way, shape or form. I'm sorry, but Bev has really milked things dry.

Darren Skuja
yourstruly2095
« Reply #8 on: Apr 15, 2006, 06:36 »

I'm someone who feels that Jeff Lynne was the absolute nucleus of ELO, and any project without him cannot and must not be ELO in any way, shape or form. I'm sorry, but Bev has really milked things dry.

Darren Skuja

And I am one who thinks that Jeff should have passed the torch if he was fed up with ELO - and he was in 1986. If he had given his blessing, then none of this bickering would be going on. What a crying shame!
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: Apr 15, 2006, 02:16 »

Surely this is no different to Queen touring without Freddie Mercury(and no one seems to moan on about that). Only difference is Jeff Lynne's still alive and so has a say in it all.

PJA
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: Apr 24, 2006, 06:38 »

Hello All from central PA USA,

I just wish that the members of ELO could finally cast aside whatever differences, cut the bullshinealittlelove, or whatever.
I don't understand that such a great thing was ruined by business or egos.

D.M.
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: Apr 24, 2006, 09:53 »

I just tried buying tickets to the June 18 show in Birmingham and see that there are no tickets available. Could it really be sold out?
Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: Apr 28, 2006, 07:44 »

It's sad enough that ELO Part 2 is attempting to adopt the music as their own. Moreover, they consistently release 32 individual CDs that are all stricly live performances with the everlonesome 1000 Eyes and Whiskey Girls being the few real materialistic songs they have. Not That I don't like the guys of Part 2?! I do! That's why I think they should use some of that concert and live CD funding and produce an actual album for once...... OF THEIR OWN MATERIAL?? Since 1990, they've had 2 real albums for ELO 2.... Wow. That "light bulb" has burned out!
Anonymous
« Reply #13 on: Apr 29, 2006, 05:08 »

I just tried buying tickets to the June 18 show in Birmingham and see that there are no tickets available. Could it really be sold out?

Haven't you heard of "No Rewind"? See the Orchestra website or ftmusic.com for details. I ordered it from Amazon.
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 30, 2006, 12:38 »

I think you quoted the wrong 'guest', most recent 'guest' Smiley

I agree with your sentiments though. However, with so many 'guests' - we do need some names please - it gets confusing!

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: