ELOFANS
Nov 22, 2017, 03:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: ELO ex-members hold on tight to their roots (article)  (Read 15416 times)
Gavin
« Reply #15 on: Apr 30, 2006, 11:02 »

I've actually heard of "No Rewind" and that's all that remains.... -just heard about it. If I can't find it at my local retailer then it's pretty much not an album. No distribution for that album doesn't sound promising. There must be a reason for it. In the meantime, we're left with a band that covers other band's material.   :lol:

Haven't you heard of "No Rewind"? See the Orchestra website or ftmusic.com for details. I ordered it from Amazon.[/quote]
Len W
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 01:23 »

Quote from: "Gavin"
I've actually heard of "No Rewind" and that's all that remains.... -just heard about it. If I can't find it at my local retailer then it's pretty much not an album. No distribution for that album doesn't sound promising. There must be a reason for it. In the meantime, we're left with a band that covers other band's material.   :lol:

Anything worth getting won't be found at your "local retailer". Do people still buy music that way?
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 10:03 »

Quote from: "Len W"

Anything worth getting won't be found at your "local retailer". Do people still buy music that way?

As there's no record contract in place, it won't be on sale at 'your local retailer'.

You can get it from http://www.parthenonhuxley.com - and he'll probably put a nice little personalised card in with it - you won't get that sort of service from 'your local retailer'! Cheesy

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
Anonymous
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 10:03 »

Quote from: "whiskeygirl"
Quote from: "Len W"
IChances are if it isn't top 10, the big retailers won't carry it. Keep looking on line.
Anonymous
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 06:00 »

Comon all you members of ELO! Cut the bullshinealittlelove and talk.
Talk about something of a new project and quit wasting time on petty crap.
There I said it!

D.M.
Pennsylvania, USA
Anonymous
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 12:36 »

I saw ELO Part II at the Hexagon in Reading 2 days ago. I don't care what anybody says but this formation works really well. Good musicians, good singers and good stage presence, A truly magic experience. I'd love to see them again. and again.
Anonymous
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 02:42 »

How how well was it attended?
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 11:57 »

If not a complete sellout, it was pretty near. I think the security man at the theatre said they had getting on for 900 in. The theatre can hold up to over 1,000 folks, but only if they sell the 'choir' seats, which they don't do for rock concerts.

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
DaveL
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 10:17 »

Gavin,

Once you give "No Rewind" a spin you'll put "Zoom" away for a long time.  For those of you who missed the REAL elo sound with Zoom be sure to get a copy of No Rewind which features the signature Lou Clark sound at it's best and the songs are really good tunes too.

Sure, the first two ELO Part2 CDs weren't that great but No Rewind is easily at or near the top of the entire ELO catalog.
Anonymous
« Reply #24 on: Jul 23, 2006, 08:07 »

my wife and i went to both the margate gig and the tunbridge wells gig and they were awesome, dont stop you are getting better with every show, fantastic been a fan for ever, bob and carol daniels
friendlyiris

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Aug 06, 2006, 02:34 »

I purchased zoom as soon as it came out! It was good! I still would like to see all the members of the band together. I have been a fan of there's since I was thirteen, which is telling my age right now...I for one would love to hear and see the original band come back to us...in there former glory...sure they will be older...but time has a way of dealing with age...can't hide from it. My memories of elo will be of Jeff Lynne, and the group as they were in the 70's until they disbanded. I still listen to there music as if it were in the 70's. Thanks so much for those years.

Franklin(friendlyiris)
ELONut
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Oct 28, 2006, 12:38 »

Maybe if Jeff Lynne gets invited to the Carl Wayne tribute show ,and actually shows up! then there could be some interesting banter between Jeff,Roy and Bev (the original ELO) and who knows (In my Dreams of course) They could maybe work together again and maybe rekindle their enthuisiasm for the original concept! Now that would be BIG news and guarantee loads of media and fan interest!. As for Kelly and Mik ,well you cant blame them for trying to keep the sound alive I mean they are fine musicians but if only Jeff could forgive them for their "mortal sins" and draft them back HOME ,I mean its not as if any of the former ELO guys are setting the charts alight anymore BUT if there is a God then anything is possible. It would be HUGELY Successful!  just think for a moment how exciting it would be!
MelodyLynne

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jan 16, 2007, 07:40 »

wow where did all the chatting go? Anyway here is my two cents on it all. First off Jeff wrote the music, its HIS creation, I really don't understand what the big deal is here. ELO2 or Orchestra or whatever they are calling themselves, I believe needs to come up with their own things or get Jeff's permission to use HIS music..he wrote & most of the time guessing he arranged it too. So he should get the credit. I am sure he wouldn't mind them playing his music, as long as he gets his cut in it. Its like a movie using one his songs, I am sure he gets funding for that, if he doesn't he should.

ust so everyone knows..Lynne is my middle name unlike Jeff's its his last name; and I have always liked my middle name, but when I first started listening to ELO YEARS ago lol.. I liked my middle name even more... Oh by the way I am 44
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: