ELOFANS
Sep 21, 2019, 10:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ELO in rock n roll hall of fame?..  (Read 7738 times)
Utter
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: Dec 17, 2005, 12:28 »

Let's do everything we can to make it happen.. cast a vote at http://cleveland.about.com/cs/rockandroll/l/aarock.htm !...be sure u vote at Electric Light Orchestra Tongue

///Utter
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2005, 02:12 »

That poll has been around for ages and keeps getting reset every so often.
ELOZoom
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2005, 05:19 »

Even if ELO did get in, It's unlikely Jeff would show up.

That Rock Hall Of Fame is just an excuse to hyperbole the record companies.

f your heart could talk I wonder what it would tell me.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2005, 08:34 »

I sense if Jeff really wanted in the RRHOF, he'd be in by now. I think JL will be voted in someday but not ELO.. Just my opinion.
Nuihc88
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2005, 01:02 »

well rock&roll hall of fame is just ROCK&ROLL hall of fame, and ELO music is so much, much more than just rock&roll (classic rock, rock&roll, reggae, disco, classic rock, progressive rock, pop, rock... and even more classic rock) :-)

New Renaissance is coming, are you ready?
Utter
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2005, 07:02 »

well nice thought there! could you maybe give examples of a song in each category.. I never thought of ELO as a reggae band Smiley

///Utter
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2005, 02:10 »

I believe ELO's reggae trip was The Lights Go Down from Time...
Nuihc88
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2005, 03:51 »

"Long Black Road (Electronic Reggae Version)" is the reggae song i was referring to, but i think the "Long Black Road (Japanese ZOOM Bonustrack)" is also reggae. actually even "Starlight" sounds a lot like slow reggae.

here's a short list of other catecories i can think of right now and examples from them:

disco: xanadu
progressive rock: Dreaming of 4000
pop: Julie Don't Live Here
rock: Poker, 10538 Overture
blues: Birmingham Blues
ballad: One Summer Dream
rock&roll: Don't Bring Me Down, Ma Ma Ma Belle
<-"Do Ya" and "Roll Over Beethoven" (are somewhere between these two catecories)->
classic rock: Tightrope, (Concerto for a rainy day) Standin' in The Rain, Mr. Blue Sky, The Diary of Horace Wimp

New Renaissance is coming, are you ready?
Utter
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2005, 02:56 »

nice! someone should try to categorize every single ELO song ! Tongue thanks a lot Nuihc88

///Utter
rescue82
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2006, 10:30 »

I believe they will make it in the Hall of Fame in time. They were one of the greatest bands of the '70's. I don't know if Jeff will make it but there is a member who lives in Ohio that may make it there.
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2006, 04:52 »

Quote from: "rescue82"
I believe they will make it in the Hall of Fame in time. They were one of the greatest bands of the '70's. I don't know if Jeff will make it but there is a member who lives in Ohio that may make it there.

Lou Clark? I think the "Hooked on Classics" stuff will shut the door for him. That's not thought of very highly in critics circles.
Mr. Radio
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2006, 04:38 »

ELO should be in the Hall of Fame.  The fact that they're not means nothing.  So what if they didn't have 3,000 hits!  So what if they have a lifetime average below .300.  So what if they didn't have 300 wins!

If there's any justice, the Veteran's Committee will vote them in and someday we'll all make that trip to Cooperstown to see our beloved band inducted.
rescue82
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2006, 05:50 »

Cooperstown? Isn't that the Baseball Hall of Fame? I'm sure they will make it. There are bands that are less rock n roll than they are that have made it in. And Louis Clark should be there even if he did do classics. He was a part of their success.
Anonymous
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2006, 05:20 »

Bruce Sutter should go in as a Cub.
Mr. Radio
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2006, 10:44 »

Bruce Sutter should go in as an Atlanta Brave and Jeff Lynne shou;d go in as a San Fransisco Giant becasue he is a giant among musicians!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: