ELOFANS
Nov 14, 2019, 06:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any other reissues planned?  (Read 2808 times)
oregonbri
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2006, 10:21 »

I read here that No Answer and II are set for remastered re-releases with bonus tracks. What about some of the other albums? As I was building up my collection, I was surprised that Secret Messages was remastered with bonus tracks, yet the far-superior (in my opinion, and I like SM) Time hadn't been. Nor had A New World Record, Out of the Blue or Face the Music, all of which seem like good candidates. Why haven't those discs been given the treatment, and does anybody know if they will?

For that matter, has there ever been talk of a special edition of Secret Messages released as a double album?

Brian
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 05:28 »

Hi Brian, when Zoom was released the first batch of remasters coincided with it: Eldorado, Discovery, Time, Secret Messages...
oregonbri
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 08:55 »

So, are you saying that Jeff will have to record another new ELO album before we get any other remasters? I'm guessing that few of you think that's much of a possibility, but I could be wrong.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 01:26 »

check out www.ftmusic.com for the latest news
DavidLG1971

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 02:50 »

Quote from: "oregonbri"
As I was building up my collection, I was surprised that Secret Messages was remastered with bonus tracks, yet the far-superior (in my opinion, and I like SM) Time hadn't been.

FYI - Time has been remastered and reissued with bonus tracks.  Here is a link to the album on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005KHEV/qid=1148683635/sr=1-19/ref=sr_1_19/102-8159650-5706517?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

Albums remastered, available via import or Amazon:

Electric Light Orchestra (No Answer in the US)
ELO II (import version with lots of extra tracks)

Albums remastered by Jeff Lynne, with bonus tracks:

Eldorado
Discovery
Time
Secret Messages

Also, the box set (Flashback) features most of their famous songs, all remastered.

As for their early albums (No Answer, II, On The Third Day and Face The Music), Lynne has remastered those and they are going to come out soon.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: