ELOFANS
Jul 22, 2019, 05:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don Arden - Mr Big  (Read 3133 times)
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: Oct 10, 2004, 05:28 »

Some interesting quotes from Mr Arden in his autobiography, "Mr Big".  Here's one:

"As for ELO, when Roy suddenly jumped ship the whole thing fell onto Jeff's shoulders. It was sink-or-swim time and I have no doubt whatsoever that both he and ELO would have sunk without trace had I not been there to save them. But I was, and I did. By then I had seen the huge potential of the group, and so I rebuilt the whole thing around Jeff, who didn't really know what was happening. It didn't matter. He didn't have to know anything any more now that I was in charge. All he had to do was stand there and sing."

"When Jeff Lynne took over as the main man in ELO, he'd been in the business for nearly eight years an yet he didn't have a pot to piss in. After Roy left him holding the baby,I thought he might bottle it. But I told him 'Don't worry about a thing. You concentrate on the music and leave the rest to me.' He was happy with that and from then everything that was done for ELO was done by me, personally. The only thing I didn't do for them was write the songs, and even there they still needed my help. Jeff had been writing songs for eight years and had never had a hit. That all changed when I took over."

Comments?
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2004, 04:35 »

Yea but has Don had a hit on his own???
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2004, 04:57 »

Don't think so. Don always needed to hire hit men.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2004, 04:32 »

oh please, there we go again. I will put my reply on this site later this evening because I have to go to work now, but I totally don't agree!!!!!!
rayman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2004, 07:04 »

Thats totaly BS
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2005, 09:52 »

Thats totaly BS

I agree
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: