ELOFANS
Nov 22, 2017, 03:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IS ELO 2 still going?  (Read 7196 times)
Elofanatician
Veteran

View Profile
« on: Jun 16, 2006, 09:09 »

Thanx.
ELOZoom
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2006, 09:51 »

ELO Part 2 Former Members. Unfortunately yes for good or bad.

f your heart could talk I wonder what it would tell me.
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17, 2006, 01:18 »

Quote from: "ELOZoom"
ELO Part 2 Former Members. Unfortunately yes for good or bad.

Take a look at all the smiling faces of the audiences on the current UK tour before making such sweeping statements  :x

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Jun 18, 2006, 07:22 »

I have now been told that they are very good, Serena.
Elofanatician
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 18, 2006, 07:24 »

OOps, that last post was me. Forgot to log in.
md
« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2006, 12:29 »

I once attended a gig of Part 2 when Bev was still in the band - it was bloody marvellous - had a great time - just wish they would drop the ELO name completely. Their own music was also superb notwithstanding the awful Honest Men.
billwebster
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Jul 10, 2006, 11:04 »

Do they also play songs by OrKestra, like the fabulous Dirty Old Town ?
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2006, 07:18 »

Quote from: "billwebster"
Do they also play songs by OrKestra, like the fabulous Dirty Old Town ?

Sadly not - wish they would, though!

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
alehall
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2006, 09:09 »

Hello:
I?ve seen them in Madrid twice, and their show is full of energy. We sang and danced and it was an electric experience.
Regards...
SeanC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2006, 04:19 »

Just like to agree with alehall. I went to one of their performances in the Canary Islands last week (they played two nights here). I wouldn't class myself as a huge ELO fan so I wasn?t quite sure what to expect but they?re a class act & know how to put on a show. Performance lasted for almost two hours, ending with a superb rendition of "Don?t Bring Me Down". Don?t know where they'll be playing next, but don?t pass up the chance to catch them if they?re playing near you!  Cool
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2006, 06:17 »

Quote from: "SeanC"
Just like to agree with alehall. I went to one of their performances in the Canary Islands last week (they played two nights here). I wouldn't class myself as a huge ELO fan so I wasn?t quite sure what to expect but they?re a class act & know how to put on a show. Performance lasted for almost two hours, ending with a superb rendition of "Don?t Bring Me Down". Don?t know where they'll be playing next, but don?t pass up the chance to catch them if they?re playing near you!  Cool

The newscanarias had this:

ELO in Auditorium
Tenerife's major concert venue hosts legendary rock band ELO tonight, although the group's most famous member will not be on stage.

Tonight's concert - officially known as ELO II, Former Original Members - by the group that holds the record for filling Wembley Arena (8 consecutive nights) takes place at 9pm in the sea-front Auditorium in Santa Cruz. ELO II, without Jeff Lynne, was formed in 1991 and has toured the world sucessfully on many occasions. The band enjoyed a mini revival after playing with Canadian megastar Celine Dion.    

So the confusion about Jeff being in the band has been replaced with Eric's work with Celine?
SeanC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2006, 07:13 »

To be honest, I?d have to say that based on the performance I witnessed last week, Jeff Lynne isn?t missed (no offence to fans of Jeff out there). They also mentioned Eric's participation on Billy Joel's "Uptown Girl" and John Lennon's "Woman" on the night.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: