ELOFANS
Sep 26, 2017, 10:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Fourteen-year-old ELO Freak!!  (Read 15632 times)
lynnefan05
Guest
« on: Jun 15, 2005, 08:24 »

Hey, all you fellow ELO fans out there! Just wondering- is it at all strange that I am a fourteen-year-old ELO freak?! Others seem to think so. Every single time I go to my local CD or vinyl store, the salesperson actually asks me if the album is for one of my parents. Of course, when they learn the truth, they act shocked! What, is it just incredibly unusual for a teenager in 2005 to actually enjoy real music?! I HATE rap and today's popular music :evil: . I LIVE to collect ELO records! Cheesy  Seems like I just can't get them out of my head! (pun intended! :lol: )
  To be perfectly honest with you guys, I couldn't care any less what all the Eminem worshippers at my school think. :roll:  Too bad for them- THEIR parents can't talk ELO with them!! (Mine do!)
  Anybody can reply. I would love to hear from you! :wink:
Logged
Judemac
Guest
« Reply #1 on: Jun 15, 2005, 08:40 »

Quote from: "lynnefan05"
Hey, all you fellow ELO fans out there! Just wondering- is it at all strange that I am a fourteen-year-old ELO freak?! Others seem to think so. Every single time I go to my local CD or vinyl store, the salesperson actually asks me if the album is for one of my parents. Of course, when they learn the truth, they act shocked! What, is it just incredibly unusual for a teenager in 2005 to actually enjoy real music?! I HATE rap and today's popular music :evil: . I LIVE to collect ELO records! Cheesy  Seems like I just can't get them out of my head! (pun intended! :lol: )
  To be perfectly honest with you guys, I couldn't care any less what all the Eminem worshippers at my school think. :roll:  Too bad for them- THEIR parents can't talk ELO with them!! (Mine do!)
  Anybody can reply. I would love to hear from you! :wink:

Glad some of you younger people are into the bands of the past like ELO, wait till you find out there are un-released tracks, "B" sides & demos out there of ELO, then you'll be hooked as well!  Smiley

http://www.webspawner.com/users/judemac/index.html
Logged
Utter
Veteran
*
Posts: 102



View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Jun 15, 2005, 10:30 »

In fact I'm only fifteen years old and I feel the same and the fact is that it is strange to like ELO in 2005 being so young...I hope more youths will learn to LOVE ELO like I do...I'm dying to hear a new ELO album even if it's almost 100% Lynne I hate todays popular music too...my favourite band is of course ELO and after that there's the related stuff but after that some supergroups like beatles, queen, abba etc comes...I would love to see Jeff on tour again and I hope that it will happen...Love to see the ELO ads on tv-commercials


///Utter (15yrs) =P
Logged
Anonymous
Guest
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2005, 10:21 »

Well..... im also 15 think they aer far too cheerful for their own good
Logged
Anonymous
Guest
« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2005, 10:25 »

I would suggest getting out a bit more.....
Logged
Anonymous
Guest
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2005, 10:26 »

and before the owner of this thread says anything, i hate eminem
Logged
Anonymous
Guest
« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2005, 10:28 »

seing as you all like them... Can anyone tell me when the "all over the world:very best of ELO" came out?
thanks,
Logged
Utter
Veteran
*
Posts: 102



View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Jun 16, 2005, 01:43 »

here in Sweden it came 1/6 when it should come 8/6 according to FTM ....


///Utter
Logged
Judemac
Guest
« Reply #8 on: Jun 16, 2005, 05:45 »

Quote from: "Utter"
In fact I'm only fifteen years old and I feel the same and the fact is that it is strange to like ELO in 2005 being so young...I hope more youths will learn to LOVE ELO like I do...I'm dying to hear a new ELO album even if it's almost 100% Lynne I hate todays popular music too...my favourite band is of course ELO and after that there's the related stuff but after that some supergroups like beatles, queen, abba etc comes...I would love to see Jeff on tour again and I hope that it will happen...Love to see the ELO ads on tv-commercials


///Utter (15yrs) =P

Wow, I am old out here, Geeze anyone out here over forty & WAS around when ELO or for that matter the Move were still together, Lets Hear It! LOL
Logged
lynnefan05
Guest
« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2005, 07:37 »

If you can believe this, I have an eleven-year-old sister who absolutely LOVES ELO!!! She goes to school and tells her teacher all about how cool Mik Kaminski is, and can even name EVERY album's year of release, from No Answer to All Over The World! She draws the Wurlitzer jukebox logo on EVERYTHING, and HATES new music. She says it has no meaning, and would MUCH rather listen to Out Of The Blue than to some dolt like Mariah Carey!
  LIFE IS WIERD, HUH???!!! :shock:  Cool
Logged
Anonymous
Guest
« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2005, 07:40 »

Oh, yeah... lynnefan05 here. Anyone who is willing to reply to my previous post can feel free to do so! Thanks!!
Logged
whiskeygirl
Veteran
*
Posts: 71



View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2005, 09:15 »

Well I was 13 when I became a fan in 1978 after hearing Mr Blue Sky, first on the radio and then when my big brother bought OOTB.

My brother was 21 at the time. He took me to see them at Wembley on the Spaceship Tour that June, with all his grown-up friends. I loved it!

Serena
Logged

ou can't rewind your life...
Anonymous
Guest
« Reply #12 on: Sep 20, 2005, 11:40 »

Wow, I'm just like your sister, only except I started listening to ELO when I was five.
Logged
lynnefan05
Guest
« Reply #13 on: Sep 26, 2005, 07:52 »

Guess what, my fellow ELO fans? My high school is painting a new mural in the Science Hall, and we, the Art Club, can paint anything that symbolizes who we are (within reason!). We each get to paint our own little symbol, and I've already asked to paint the Wurlitzer jukebox logo!!!
Logged
Anonymous
Guest
« Reply #14 on: Sep 27, 2005, 12:17 »

Quote from: "lynnefan05"
Guess what, my fellow ELO fans? My high school is painting a new mural in the Science Hall, and we, the Art Club, can paint anything that symbolizes who we are (within reason!). We each get to paint our own little symbol, and I've already asked to paint the Wurlitzer jukebox logo!!!



When I was in college, the floor of our dorm had album covers painted on the walls. Out of the Blue was one of them.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
 
Jump to:  


Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines