ELOFANS
Dec 01, 2020, 05:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Fourteen-year-old ELO Freak!!  (Read 24196 times)
Anonymous
« Reply #30 on: Nov 12, 2005, 11:33 »

i'm only 12 and i've been listening to elo since i was about 9
Anonymous
« Reply #31 on: Nov 13, 2005, 03:07 »

the same thing happened to me last year in 6th grade computer class. i was so far ahead of my  that my teacher let me go on what ever i wanted to..but no, now we dont have computers anymore...there only a unifed art (UA)
Anonymous
« Reply #32 on: Nov 13, 2005, 03:15 »

Anywhere i can i write the ELO logo i do....desk, chairs, band equipment, etc. got me into some trouble once....
Anonymous
« Reply #33 on: Nov 13, 2005, 03:34 »

Figures, I use AOL instant messeger, none of my friends like ELO or any good music for that matter.
My screen name is Mr Stranger83 if any wants to contact me by the way.

Nuihc88
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: Nov 21, 2005, 09:05 »

i'm 17 years old and i've listened ELO since i was 8? years old, and whenever i see an ELO album (or something else ELO related) in store i just HAVE TO buy it, even if it costs 200? (i normally have only about 20? (just enough to buy it here in finland)).

i listen to ELO over 3 hours a day, and i'm really hooked on it, and i too just can't get it out of my head :-) .

by the way i've made some tests and they all point out that  only stupid people listen to "normal music",  so nevermind them :-)

New Renaissance is coming, are you ready?
Nuihc88
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: Nov 21, 2005, 05:07 »

i would draw it everywhere too if i just know how :-( ,

but i do write ELO with those bent letters though (with yellow if a can choose, of cource).

Gavin Ewoldt
« Reply #36 on: Nov 22, 2005, 05:13 »

Yup, thought I was the only one who could've listened to ELO at such an early age. Glad others out there are doing it at an early age as well! I started when I was 10 and now at 26 have spent a few years collecting and listening to the Boys. I dodged other bands during the years and have eventually grown to expand on more but there was always ELO that blew me away with the double album record Out of the BLue!!  Cool  My parents listened to them when I was 2 through 5 so I picked up on it early. Then I grew up investigating those songs. The rest is Jeff Lynne history!
Gavin Ewoldt
« Reply #37 on: Nov 22, 2005, 05:17 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
seing as you all like them... Can anyone tell me when the "all over the world:very best of ELO" came out?
thanks,

I believe All Over the World Best of came out in 95? Atleast that was the first time I saw it and purchased it.
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: Nov 23, 2005, 04:52 »

Electric Light Orchestra
All Over The World: The Very Best Of ELO  came out August 2nd of this year.
Anonymous
« Reply #39 on: Nov 25, 2005, 08:59 »

that's the newer version. I'm referring to original UK import...
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: Nov 26, 2005, 02:09 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
that's the newer version. I'm referring to original UK import...

There's one on the Arcade label from 1987. It has a misspelling of "All Over The Wolrd" and from the Netherlands.
mr stranger83
« Reply #41 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:23 »

At the moment i'm in my tech ed class bored out of mind. I finished my work and i've already wrote an entire discography of ELO. everyone thinks i'm crazy going to fan sites when i could be playing games. but this much more fun. too bad this one the last days before we switch our unified arts. i really dont have anything interesting to talk about but before my teacher kicks me off, think about this....was elo more succesful in your eyes than their infuencial band, the beatles?
Anonymous
« Reply #42 on: Nov 28, 2005, 11:35 »

....to answer your question, in MY eyes they where, at least in creating ''magical music'', but still have the ''pop ingredients'' in the songs, truly unique! The Beatles ofcourse where there first, but I don't trace anything ''magical'' int their songs, the way I feel it in the ELO-songs. To me ELO was far ahead of it's time and I think Jeff Lynne was and is just TOO brilliant to be ''just'' a popstar, I would love to see him do orchestral soundtracks for movies, that would be my greatest wish!

greetings, Willem
www.alternativa.nl
lynnefan05
« Reply #43 on: Dec 02, 2005, 12:50 »

Hello. It's me, lynnefan05 here. I am rather blue today. Sad  The weather here in Northern California is cold, windy, and rainy. I am now sitting in my high school's Media Center, listening to normal hum-drum conversations about someone's missing car keys and the flooding on campus. Sigh...
I can't wait till I can go home and listen to the entire Concerto for a Rainy Day side of my Out Of the Blue LP.
Just so you all know, it makes me extremely happy to know that there is a forum out there that I can post my thoughts on and not have every reply be completely negative. Cheesy
By the way, I was listening to the radio in my Woodshop class today, and when ELO's "Do Ya" came on, a kid named Anthony turned to his friend and said, "Whatever you do, DO NOT change this radio station." He pointed to me. "She loves these guys who are playing, and she is well armed!" (Hammers, saws, etc.)  :lol:
Nuihc88
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: Dec 02, 2005, 08:58 »

i think that was a really good advice *-) , when my computer crashes while i'm listening to an ELO song i hit my computer allmost as hard as (i can, i manage to slow down my punch just before it hits) (i can't help it, it's VERY annoying when something causes a song to stop)

i wouldn't kill anyone for that kind of barbaric act of stupidity though, but i would consider it :-D

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: