ELOFANS
Oct 20, 2019, 04:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: More ELO Remasters set for release Sept 12  (Read 8166 times)
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: Aug 05, 2006, 10:53 »

On The Third Day
Face The Music
A New World Record

can be order through here:

http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/TalentDetails.jsp?talentId=1021636

Also, you can check out previews of unreleased tracks!
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2006, 08:03 »

Can anyone get past the first page of the Face the Music website right now?  They have a nice spread for A New World Record but is that it?
bob
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2006, 09:55 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Can anyone get past the first page of the Face the Music website right now?  They have a nice spread for A New World Record but is that it?
-sorry-tried and failed myself=will be watching closely though
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2006, 03:25 »

same here..
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2006, 09:54 »

Be patient chaps all will be revealed in the very near future!
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2006, 11:37 »

I took a listen to the "new" tracks on the Sony site, and I think all they did was get a Thompson Vocal Eliminator and run a few songs through it!  Seriously, are ELO songs sans vocals all they can offer hard core fans that already own every album?!?!?!  Sorry to be down on this, because I really wish ELO could raise their profile but what I have found out from box sets is that a lot of unreleased tracks were unreleased because they couldn't make the original album (not as good as the other songs).   To end on a more positive note, I have high hopes for Surrender, and Born to Die sounds good in the twenty two second snippet.
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Aug 08, 2006, 02:14 »

Face the Music website now has a spread for the Face the Music remaster.  Still can't get past that page though...
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2006, 06:35 »

One more to go chaps, When God said 'On The Third Day'  let there be the ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA.........
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: Aug 10, 2006, 03:05 »

Face the Music website now has the promo page for On the Third Day.  Still can't get used to the English(?) cover (miss the guys pointing at their belly buttons....)
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: Aug 10, 2006, 03:40 »

I got these from a friend some three months ago, Promos but the original remasters with the bonus tracks, good stuff is all I can say.... from Judemac former member here.

http://www.webspawner.com/users/judemac

http://1.myfreebulletinboard.com/regdwight.html
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: Aug 10, 2006, 06:52 »

Yeah, I mean Jeff Lynne is a god, but that cover makes him look like God looking over the newly-created Earth.  Where is the Richard Avedon cover?
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: Aug 10, 2006, 09:35 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Yeah, I mean Jeff Lynne is a god, but that cover makes him look like God looking over the newly-created Earth.  Where is the Richard Avedon cover?
Well, I prefer the Warner Brothers Cover.

By the way, appearances are deceiving ...
Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: Aug 11, 2006, 04:50 »

The Warner cover is always the best and represents the new dawn of a new world rising to the true emergence of the ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA. without any involvement sad to say, with Roy Wood.

On the third day is a masterpiece in its own right with all the tracks on the first side having been recorded in one take and the legendary MA Ma Ma Belle, cello rock at its best.  
And yes Jeff is a God and King of the Universe.
Official release date will follow.
Se7endust
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2006, 12:12 »

I'm sure Bev and Kelly are kicking themselves now that ELO are receiving all of this renewed interest. Too bad they can't mend fences.
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: Sep 13, 2006, 01:32 »

Quote from: "Se7endust"
I'm sure Bev and Kelly are kicking themselves now that ELO are receiving all of this renewed interest. Too bad they can't mend fences.

You should direct that last comment to Jeff rather than to Bev or Kelly, both of whom have expressed many times that they would like to remain friends with Jeff.

No reason for Kelly to be kicking himself. Part of the renewed interest in ELO is due to the very successful live performances of the Orchestra in the UK this summer. One rumor has it that the release of the remasters was delayed until after their tour was over to take advantage of all the live publicity for the songs. Jeff should kiss the ground they walk on.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: