ELOFANS
Oct 20, 2019, 05:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: More ELO Remasters set for release Sept 12  (Read 8167 times)
tabruns
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: Sep 13, 2006, 06:21 »

So the only ELO albums not remastered yet are OUT OF THE BLUE and BALANCE OF POWER, correct?  Can't wait for the OUT OF THE BLUE remaster!
jeffelofan
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 14, 2006, 09:48 »

Yes, Out of the Blue should sound great in remastered form.  I don't think the original CD release ever really captured the sonic impact of the vinyl album.  And I can't wait for Balance of Power either--I hope they include "Caught In A Trap" on that which I believe was recorded during the Balance sessions and is a classic ELO song.

By the way, based on some of the previous messages--can someone please explain to me what is up with the whole Jeff-Bev-Kelly problem?  I'm not really following this.  These guys were in a group together for many years.  Although Jeff was clearly the dominant force in the group being the songwriter, lead singer, and producer, Bev and Kelly were great in their roles as drummer and bassist, as well as doing vocals.  I read Bev's book about ELO several years ago--he and Jeff were in the Move together and have known each other since the late 1960s in Birmingham.  The book never hinted at any problems between them.  Is Jeff just still pissed about the whole ELO, Part II thing?  Was there a more fundamental problem between them when ELO still existed?  Someone please enlighten me!
chpxpx
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Sep 27, 2006, 08:23 »

I bought another copy of the OOTB cd yesterday, thinking it was remastered cos it was in a pack with "Discovery remastered." Turned out it was the same as my other cd, but with a different booklet..
billwebster
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: Oct 11, 2006, 01:04 »

Well, I'm most interested in the B-sides from the Balance Of Power sessions.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: