ELOFANS
Nov 19, 2019, 03:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do we like ZOOM?  (Read 18950 times)
MrAdam
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: Sep 06, 2006, 12:20 »

personally I think that everything with Jeff LLynne in it or by Jeff Lynne is a GEM! because hes so extraordinary! ZOOM I think is a great album of course inferior to previous records by ELO ... BUT!!! I think alot of those songs are really great and they deserve to be heard! I think that A Long Time Gone was a really "Beaut," just for love is great and ordinary dream aswell. And you can't go wrong with the great and awesome "EASY MONEY" i love it LOVE IT!
Apollo
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: Sep 29, 2006, 10:52 »

I think Zoom was up there with the rest of ELO recordings (IMHO). Of course the original line up would be the greatest gathering in the studio but the Beatles also used other artists on there albums and I don't think thier sound suffered as a result ( Billy Preston/Eric Clapton) and as Jeff has said " you can't please everyone so at the end of the day he makes records that he is happy with and hopes other will enjoy what he has to offer. It's been a long time between new ELO tunes and I enjoyed the DVD as well as the new line up. A good song will hold up and I found the clean arrangement of past hits great on the ears. Zoom shows that Jeff's still got it and is a incredible talent with an original sound not easily
duplicated by other artists.
Cheers Cheesy
billwebster
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: Oct 08, 2006, 10:02 »

Thank you very much Admin for the reply. I hadn't heard about further songs that were written for a Zoom follow-up, so to me that's exciting news! Let's hope that they will surface soon, be it under whatever name the artist decides on.
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: Oct 09, 2006, 03:43 »

Quote from: "billwebster"
Thank you very much Admin for the reply. I hadn't heard about further songs that were written for a Zoom follow-up, so to me that's exciting news! Let's hope that they will surface soon, be it under whatever name the artist decides on.

Well, it's not really news, and considering this was five years ago, it remains to be seen when they would ever get released. I faintly remember seeing a marketing plan for Zoom that included a US tour, followed by a tour of Europe, followed by a followup album. All of that was abandoned with the US tour cancellation.
billwebster
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: Oct 11, 2006, 12:48 »

It looks like these days, record labels don't seem to have as much courage as they used to, and Jeff Lynne / ELO have therefore been filed under catalog artists, putting out new compilations every once in a while.
If there are songs for a follow-up album, the label should release them, or they will never find out how well they sell.
billwebster
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: Dec 11, 2006, 01:38 »

Well, since I was hoping for a Jeff Lynne solo album all along, when Zoom came out and it sounded, as you say "less ELO", that was just fine with me. And my favourite song from it is "It Really Doesn't Matter", with those ferocious guitar parts after the chorus.

Btw is there a Jeff/ELO version of the song Night Calls that Joe Cocker covered on his album of the same name?
jeffelofan
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Dec 15, 2006, 10:40 »

The more I listen to ZOOM, the more I like it.  "Moment in Paradise," "Stranger on a Quiet Street," and "Ordinary Dream" are all standout tracks.  Sure, it is solo Jeff Lynne, but who cares?  My only complaint, and it is a minor one, is I wish that Jeff had incorporated the orchestra/choir sound effects of the Face The Music, A New World Record, and Out of the Blue period.  But ZOOM is still a very, very good album.  And, who knows, maybe we'll see a "new" ELO record in 2007...
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: Dec 16, 2006, 07:47 »

Quote from: "billwebster"
Btw is there a Jeff/ELO version of the song Night Calls that Joe Cocker covered on his album of the same name?

Probably. Just as there's probably a Jeff version of "Slippin' Away" and the original "Xanadu" as well as others.
tcwh1971
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:45 »

Zoom is a good album but  didn't think much of it at first to be honest. But it has grown on m e with each listen. Not in my opinion an ELO just a failed cash on reviving the name. No disrespect to ELO or Jeff Lynne for that matter (he's a genius), but this should 've been a Jeff Lynne album not an ELO album. Then again ELO was really Jeff Lynne!
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:22 »

Quote from: "jeffelofan"
The more I listen to ZOOM, the more I like it.  "Moment in Paradise," "Stranger on a Quiet Street," and "Ordinary Dream" are all standout tracks.  Sure, it is solo Jeff Lynne, but who cares?  My only complaint, and it is a minor one, is I wish that Jeff had incorporated the orchestra/choir sound effects of the Face The Music, A New World Record, and Out of the Blue period.  But ZOOM is still a very, very good album.  And, who knows, maybe we'll see a "new" ELO record in 2007...

Someone posted on another forum today that "something huge is being planned with Jeff on the scale that we have all dreamed of."

Can anyone confirm this?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: