ELOFANS
Nov 22, 2017, 07:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Beatles Forever  (Read 22025 times)
Utter
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: Mar 18, 2005, 11:24 »

Hi I wonder if anyone has the song 'Beatles Forever', I've read about it and I'm very curious about how it sounds, so if anyone has the song please tell me.

///Utter ( marcus_p89@hotmail.com )
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2005, 11:35 »

Hey, I do have the song. Unfortunately Kelly Croucutt sung it. The song is made out a number of Beatles-songs, I don't really like it to be honest.
If you want I can send it to you via e-mail, just let me know,

greetz Willem
www.alternativa.nl willem@alternativa.nl
AlternativA
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2005, 01:41 »

Hey hello,

a lot of visitors of this site say that the rare ELO track: ''Beatles Forever'' is hard to find. Well...not anymore!!

send an email to info@alternativa.nl to get the link to download the FULL and FREE version. I am aware that this is something that I'm not supposed to do, but I wanted to give the ELO fans an upportunatiy to finally hear the song.

BE AWARE: the song will only be online for 7 days from the date of this post, then it will be gone again

greetz Willem
www.alternativa.nl
Utter
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2005, 04:56 »

I think that it's a great song, you've got to listen to it a couple of times before you like it though...
BUT i suspect that this is not "THE" Beatles Forever, searched for the lyrics and found this: http://electric-light-orchestra.lyrics-songs.com/lyrics/126005/
That lyrics is not sung on the bf.mp3 file you've put out on the net...thought it was stranga also to have that kinda song on the secret messages album.
Thanks for the song anyway but I do want to have "THE" Beatles Forever so if you find it please let me know

///Utter
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2005, 07:11 »

Hey, okey I didn't knew that, but I will let you know when I got it,

greetz Willem
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2005, 04:16 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Hey, I do have the song. Unfortunately Kelly Croucutt sung it. The song is made out a number of Beatles-songs, I don't really like it to be honest

Kelly wasn't anywhere near it! That's Jeff!

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Mar 28, 2005, 05:15 »

Are you sure you've been listening to the version I'd offerd on the internet? Because I would bet my life on the fact that on this version Jeff is absolutely not singing. Please don't make me think that I don't have the ability to recognise Jeff's voice, if there is anyone who is addicted to ELO and Jeff Lynne(and absolutely not the fake ELO on your pic) then it's me. I also found out by the way that also not Kelly is singing the song, it's an entire other band, which I don't know the name off anymore. But maybe you're talkin' about a version that I've never heard before, cause there is indeed one with Jeff singing, if you have it, could you send it to me please? thnx
greetz Willem
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Mar 28, 2005, 05:23 »

If your version aint Jeff it's probably Barclay James Harvest's Titles, which has been doing the rounds masquerading as Beatles Forever.

I have heard Jeff's Beatles Forever, a rather grotty recording, and a pretty poor song to boot. And the singer is definitely Jeff.

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: Mar 29, 2005, 02:51 »

Some ideas in Beatles Forever were eventually used in the song "Video", so if it doesn't sound anything close to that, it probably isn't Jeff's.
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: Mar 29, 2005, 05:43 »

by the way, where can I get the song ''video''? I've never heard that one before. Is it on an album, and is that album stil available?

thanx Willem
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2005, 07:07 »

Oh lord, that song is great it's from the movie Electric Dreams and you can get it from the soundtrack cd

///Utter
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: Mar 29, 2005, 07:55 »

thank you very much, I'm going to look it up right now, I hope I find it a good one indeed
judemac
« Reply #12 on: Apr 08, 2005, 03:53 »

I have this track in my collection called "Beatles Forever" by ELO. Interesting track but can see why it was left off "Secret Messages". Anyone else have this "Rarity"? I believe most hard core collectors have it anyway.
Anonymous
« Reply #13 on: Apr 08, 2005, 04:01 »

LOL, I have had it for over a couple years, not as rare as people think. Anyway, my thoughts on it.
Anonymous
« Reply #14 on: Apr 08, 2005, 05:11 »

I don't have it can you be kind and share? Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: