ELOFANS
Oct 19, 2019, 03:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Beatles Forever  (Read 25198 times)
Anonymous
« Reply #15 on: Apr 08, 2005, 05:32 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
I don't have it can you be kind and share? Smiley

e mail me.... at my Mini mini site LOL

http://www.webspawner.com/users/judemac/index.html
Anonymous
« Reply #16 on: Apr 08, 2005, 08:44 »

I have had the track for over a year & almost forgot it was in my collection. It is not really very good as I have stated before or it would have made the first box set of ELO material with the other discarded "Secret Messages" tracks. I do think "Hello My Old Friend" should have been on the album. I think it's a killer track with a haunting Jeff Lynne vocal. Back to "Beatles forever", I'll have to listen to it again which can be found on the *revised* "Into The Light" bootleg. Not the phony one on E Bay that is the old as dirt version missing 7 additional tracks. I hope this helped somewhat...
Gavin Ewoldt
« Reply #17 on: Apr 19, 2005, 08:27 »

Are you sure you've been listening to the version I'd offerd on the internet? Because I would bet my life on the fact that on this version Jeff is absolutely not singing. Please don't make me think that I don't have the ability to recognise Jeff's voice, if there is anyone who is addicted to ELO and Jeff Lynne(and absolutely not the fake ELO on your pic) then it's me. I also found out by the way that also not Kelly is singing the song, it's an entire other band, which I don't know the name off anymore. But maybe you're talkin' about a version that I've never heard before, cause there is indeed one with Jeff singing, if you have it, could you send it to me please? thnx
greetz Willem

I also believe that it's not Jeff Lynne singing. It would be a fair call at claiming Kelly to lead the vocals. Think about "Sweet Is The Night" where Kelly rips more than half the song with his vocals. Now compare that with "Beatles Forever". Clearly not Jeff Lynne- which you can pin point both vocals apart on "Sweet" song also. There was a later version released of "Beatles Forever" and the tone, style and production shows Lynnes entire involvement along with his voice. This track is lower quality than the earlier "Beatles" w/ Kelly but more impressive of a song. Probably could've fit on Secret Messages.
Utter
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: Apr 19, 2005, 03:58 »

okay but WHERE can i get it?

///Utter
Anonymous
« Reply #19 on: Apr 22, 2005, 03:53 »

You can get the track on the "Into The Light" collector(Uh can't say BOOTLEG) double CD set. The thing is the one listed on E Bay is the old out dated version & the newer version has extra tracks. If you have this one then most all of the rare tracks by Lynne & ELO are in YOUR collection. As for how to get this set, I have no idea even though I have it from a well know collector who was nice enough to find a original for me. Get that set & you'll have "Beatles Forever" in which JEFF does sing it. ;-)
-Utter
« Reply #20 on: Jun 01, 2005, 03:08 »

I now that many of you have a "fake" beatles forever...I have the real version so I know how it goes but I've also found another copy thatclaims o be a beatles forever by ELO...the thing is that a friend sent me this link to me http://lyrics.duble.com/lyrics/B/the-barclay-james-harvest-lyrics/the-barclay-james-harvest-titles-lyrics.htm and that's the yrics of the "fake" ... so it's probably a band called 'The Barclay James Harvest' who plays that version and it's real name is Titles ... that cleared som things up in my mind anyway =)

The real version is much better I think and it should have this lyrics: http://www.lyricsfind.com/e/electric-light-orchestra/unknown-album/beatles-forever.php

///Utter
Judemac
« Reply #21 on: Jun 01, 2005, 03:57 »

Quote from: "-Utter"
I now that many of you have a "fake" beatles forever...I have the real version so I know how it goes but I've also found another copy thatclaims o be a beatles forever by ELO...the thing is that a friend sent me this link to me http://lyrics.duble.com/lyrics/B/the-barclay-james-harvest-lyrics/the-barclay-james-harvest-titles-lyrics.htm and that's the yrics of the "fake" ... so it's probably a band called 'The Barclay James Harvest' who plays that version and it's real name is Titles ... that cleared som things up in my mind anyway =)

The real version is much better I think and it should have this lyrics: http://www.lyricsfind.com/e/electric-light-orchestra/unknown-album/beatles-forever.php

///Utter

I have contacted you by e mail on the version of "Beatles Forever" in which Jeff sings it. I believe any other one is the fakes because I got mine from the source. If you have a clean version from the studio, I'd like to hear it because the one with Jeff is not a super clean recording but a demo like recording that sound like it was done at a BBC studio or tv show warm up. That is what my source tells me.

John.Hellier
Veteran

View Profile WWW
me
« Reply #22 on: Jun 01, 2005, 05:52 »

confused!

ww.bristolgangshow.org.uk
judemac
« Reply #23 on: Jun 01, 2005, 08:43 »

Quote from: "John.Hellier"
confused!

I just think there is too much said about a track that never fit in on the "Secret Messages" album. Anyway, hopefully I'll get this other version of it & compare. My source confirms it is Jeff singing it even if is not the best version other then a perfect studio version. Besides Jeff had "two" box sets that could have had the song on it. Appears even Jeff thought it was not good enough for the box sets. Anyway John, I belive I already e mailed you the track...  ~Dave~ at the beach in southern California.

Anonymous
« Reply #24 on: Jun 02, 2005, 06:49 »

I know I have the right one beacause John sent me an interview where they play that song and asks Jeff questions about it
Judemac
« Reply #25 on: Jun 02, 2005, 05:42 »

I know I have the right one beacause John sent me an interview where they play that song and asks Jeff questions about it

I know the one I have is the real one too, I sent it to John & Utter this morning & Utter has the same correct version with Jeff singing it. I think it finally puts this puppy to sleep on this rather interesting tune that was never released.  Cheesy
John.Hellier
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: Jun 02, 2005, 05:58 »

Now what about the Wurzles singing Mr Blue Sky?   Joke!!!!! lol

ww.bristolgangshow.org.uk
tcwh1971
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jun 14, 2005, 10:58 »

Hi there, I was looking to see if an actual ELO forum was in existence. So after some brief browsing I emailed a guy called Jerry who runs 'The Unofficial Jeff Lynne Reference Page' who said I should try here (not sure if I'm allowed to mention names? lol) Anyhow, Thanks Jerry! I was just reading the postings from a while back about 'Beatles forever' and had a wee chuckle to myself. The one saying Kelly sung it was amusing to say the the least. Serena had mentioned that a song posing as ELO's 'Beatles Forever' was doing the rounds, this is true as it happned to me when I downloaded this particular track. I was very dissapointed as I new it wasn't ELO (obviously) deleting it swiflty! No offence to Barclay James Harvest but its not ELO!) Anyway, I finally got it and I quite like it actually. I'm led to believe that this song has only ever been played at an ELO convention and that perhaps that the recording I have and all ELO fans probably have is that actual recording? This would explain the awful sound quality. Plus, I noticed there's some clapping at the very beginning? I'd like to here other fans view on this. Cheers.
monstr66
« Reply #28 on: Sep 17, 2005, 12:05 »

You can get the track on the "Into The Light" collector(Uh can't say BOOTLEG) double CD set.

Is there a clean studio version of this song on that bootleg or the one with clapping in the beginning (bad quality sound)?
Marcel
« Reply #29 on: Sep 28, 2005, 02:46 »

Quote from: "-Utter"

///Utter

Yes the bf.mp3 going around on kazaa and other swapping networks is really a song called Titles by Barclay James Harvest from the Time Honoured Ghosts LP (1975!)

Very good band, extremely popular in Germany.

Now, how to get the real thing :x I don't know....

Marcel
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: