ELOFANS
Oct 23, 2020, 12:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Face The Music is Highly Underrated: Discuss...  (Read 4644 times)
PetSounds
Veteran

View Profile
« on: Sep 26, 2006, 01:23 »

I have just bought Face The Music (The remaster) and have been blown away by it...Waterfall is stunning as is One Summer Dream...

But Waterfall, wow what a song. Really really stunning...

Having heard Face The Music now I would say it is the equal of A New World Record...

What do you wonderful people out there think ?
chpxpx
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2006, 01:37 »

I love Face The Music, definitely one of my fave ELO albums. Waterfall and One Summer Dream are magic Smiley
tabruns
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2006, 07:18 »

Hi PetSounds,

I do like "Waterfall" and "One Summer Dream" quite a bit (along with the hit songs "Evil Woman", "Strange Magic", "Nightrider" and the instrumental "Fire On High").  That's 6 good songs out of 8, and "Poker" and "Down Home Town" are solid enough on their own (just not as good as the other 6).

However, I think A New World Record is still an improvement over this.  The production is better and I think the songwriting is slightly better.  Also its 9 songs are all very good, so for me its A New World Record (9) versus Face The Music (6).
Tauguy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2006, 12:33 »

Face The Music is deffinately heavy as hell.
It opens up much stronger than A New World Record in my opinion. For me though I am much more entertained during FTM than during ANWR. Even Poker (which happens to be one of my favorite tracks) and Down Home Town (again just a nice track except for the British chants of "Look Away") just kick my ass when listening to the album. For me Strange magic is probably the low point of the album because your already wound  up by Nightrider and Poker and Strange Magic Lets you down kinda easy into, what I belive an upbeat rocker, Down Home Town.

Certainly one of the better ELO albums and Way better than ANWR or Out of the Blue to me.
tcwh1971
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2007, 01:00 »

Waterfall is such a beautiful song, and the instrumental version on the recent remastered version is superb!
gregralls
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2007, 11:33 »

waterfall is one of jeff's best songs in my opinion...and i do like much of the album.

reg
david1leigh
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2007, 12:08 »

A good strong album. One summer dream is one of my all time favourite tracks. I would not rate it as their best, but it is quite high up my list.
MarvinDJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2007, 05:02 »

Its one of my ELO holy trinity; Face the Music, A New World Record and Out Of The Blue. Book-ended very nicely by Eldorado and Discovery
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: