ELOFANS
Nov 16, 2019, 11:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Out of the blue  (Read 3614 times)
Apollo
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: Dec 21, 2006, 02:11 »

Hi gang. As I continue to expand my ELO music collection I came across an interesting little tune called Starlight and have been humming it where ever I go for the last week :lol: Jeff has this nack of working on the heart strings of fans and at the same time drawing you in to sing along. Hmmmm. Amazing how he draws soundscapes with layers within layers of music without it becoming a mess and over done. The main tune is there, the fill is there the harmonies are there and it dosn't seem to get drowned out or lost in the final product. It would be incrediable to spend a week at work with Mr.Lynn just to see how he puts it all together from the get go. That would be very very cool indeed! Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool
david1leigh
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2006, 12:00 »

Great song from a great album. possibly his best work.
tcwh1971
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2007, 12:50 »

Definitley the peek of ELO creativity I'd say if it weren't for the fantastic Time album.
tabruns
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2007, 08:53 »

Begs the question of whether "Starlight" should have been a single off of 'Out of the Blue'.  I know it got radio play as an album track in my area.
tabruns
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2007, 04:47 »

I've always wondered how 'Out of the Blue' sold, so its great to know from the booklet that it sold 10 million units in the first year it was out.

So 'A New World Record' sold 5 million its first year, and then 'Out of the Blue' sold 10 million its first year.....I wonder how many units have sold in the 30 years since?

It might be a good marketing strategy if Jeff's record company were to have the albums re-certified by RIAA (American sales only, unfortunately) to show updated sales figures.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: