ELOFANS
Oct 20, 2019, 05:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: full Secret Messages remaster  (Read 5891 times)
stevo

View Profile
« on: Jun 24, 2007, 11:29 »

Ever since i foundout about the scrapped (double album) format of 1983'sMessages i have wondered why a reissue of all the lost tracks hasn't  been done . Having listened to the ommited tracks ican't understand why the superior ones didn't replace some of the more obscure listings. I never could get into letter from spain, and i always found loser gone wild a bit bleak. buildings have eyes and hello my old friend would have been much sweeter on the ears. The album was saved by the classic stranger and the dreamy take me on and on. I would appreciate any feedback on this subject and anything elo .
Lydion
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2007, 07:07 »

I would personally have released Secret Messages like this if I had been Jeff Lynne!
Side A
1. Secret messages
2. Mandalay
3. Bluebird
4. Stranger
5. Rock n roll is king
6. Loser gone wild
Side B
1. Danger ahead
2. Take me on and on
3. Four little diamonds
4. Time after time
5. Endless lies
6. Hello my old friend
And I would have made a nice b-side single out of Buildings have eyes.
tabruns
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2007, 05:37 »

No "Train of Gold" eh?
Lydion
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2007, 06:55 »

Train of gold, not even fit for a b-side. I would have given it to other artists to record.
kocho

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2009, 09:15 »

Hi
The complete "Secret Messages" also includes Cd 1 7.track-Beatles forever-
                                                               CD 2 4.track-Buildings have eyes-
There are 9 tracks on each disc.Source"Unexpected Messages".

All the best
                                                                               Steffen

howl123

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2010, 01:11 »

Ever since i foundout about the scrapped (double album) format of 1983'sMessages i have wondered why a reissue of all the lost tracks hasn't  been done . Having listened to the ommited tracks ican't understand why the superior ones didn't replace some of the more obscure listings. I never could get into letter from spain, and i always found loser gone wild a bit bleak. buildings have eyes and hello my old friend would have been much sweeter on the ears. The album was saved by the classic stranger and the dreamy take me on and on. I would appreciate any feedback on this subject and anything elo .
what about beetles forever,
funk_kraft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2010, 06:13 »

I always wanted the same for Secret Messages double album here lately.  I wondered if they'd ever released the original double album while ELO material has been remastered recently.  I did my own double CD custome made with Secret Messages sleeve work and mixed the line up of songs on to audio tracks.  Looks rather real and ELO official!  The more I listen to it... the more I wished I'd find it on CD shelf. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: