ELOFANS
Sep 25, 2017, 04:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mr Blue Sky... the ending  (Read 20898 times)
evenslimmersladey

View Profile
« on: Aug 08, 2008, 08:26 »

Question to all you elo audiophiles... What is really said at the end of Mr Blue Sky?
To me it sounds like MR BLUE SKY...EYE! but I am told it says please turn me over... now thats just crazy talk
..... isnt it?
Many thanks.

Gary.
Fav track, Sweet talkin Woman.
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2008, 09:08 by evenslimmersladey » Logged
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2008, 08:58 »

Question to all you elo audiophiles... What is really said at the end of Mr Blue Sky?
To me it sounds like MR BLUE SKY...EYE! but I am told it says please turn me over... now thats just crazy talk
..... isnt it?
Many thanks.

Gary.
Fav track, Sweet talkin Woman.

If you go by the end of the original promo video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98P-gu_vMRc
You'd think it was "MR BLUE SKY...EYE" as you put it or similar. I also thought as you do.

But I've also heard "please turn me over" from other fans. I don't think this has been confirmed from Jeff himself.
evenslimmersladey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 10, 2008, 09:14 »

Well I am sure that the official promo would not lie.
Many thanks.
Keep up the great work.
Regards.

Gary.
lplummer
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 06, 2008, 04:39 »

According to interviews, it does indeed say "please turn me over". You must remember, this was the last song on side 3 of a double album. Jeff Lynne was concerned that people would not take the time to listen to that 4th side, and therefore inserted the phrase, using vocoder, "Please turn me over" Listen carefully, you'll hear it clearly.

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans”. John Lennon
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Sep 06, 2008, 06:05 »

According to interviews, it does indeed say "please turn me over". You must remember, this was the last song on side 3 of a double album. Jeff Lynne was concerned that people would not take the time to listen to that 4th side, and therefore inserted the phrase, using vocoder, "Please turn me over" Listen carefully, you'll hear it clearly.

Yes, but what interview does Jeff confirm this?  I'm having trouble remembering where he mentions this.
lplummer
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2008, 03:16 »

If memory serves, it was a BBC interview on the release of the album, where Jeff also describes how he wrote it in the Swiss Alps, and tells of the inspiration for the song. "It was dark and misty for 2 weeks, and I didn't come up with a thing. Suddenly the sun shone and it was, 'Wow, look at those beautiful Alps.' I wrote Mr. Blue Sky and 13 other songs in the next 2 weeks."

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans”. John Lennon
evenslimmersladey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 16, 2008, 07:58 »

I really can't hear it, the song ends with the sound eye iiii which sounds nothing like o ver eeeeer!
Maybe I need my ears de waxed.
Anyway song is great whatever he says at the finale.
swarlock
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2010, 10:29 »

I really can't hear it, the song ends with the sound eye iiii which sounds nothing like o ver eeeeer!
Maybe I need my ears de waxed.
Anyway song is great whatever he says at the finale.

Trust me it doesn't end like that. Please turn me over now is what is said by the vocoder.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: