ELOFANS
Nov 21, 2017, 03:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeff Lynne and The Andicaps first ever gig  (Read 2539 times)
Brian

View Profile
« on: Apr 29, 2009, 11:17 »

Hi

I did now about Jeff Lynne and the Andicaps until recently; I was amazed when I heard that Jeff played at the Shard End Community centre with a band called The Handicaps.  The story of Jeff and The Handicaps playing their first gig at the Shard End Community centre is now very relevant due to the Shard End Community Centre now having a recording studio based at the centre.    Built in 2005 with funding from NRF and The European Social Fund the Fridge Sound Recording Studio based within the Shard End Community Centre has been providing recording session for a variety of young bands and musicians as well has delivering basic music production workshops and weekly studio production and recording sessions in partnership with local youth agencies.  The fact is the studios wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Jeff Lynne, I am myself a great fan of Jeff and particularly ELO, I have all their albums, it was Jeff and ELO that first got me interested in popular music and music has become the love of my life.  Thus when I was asked as the manager of the community centre to come up with an idea for some arts funding I put forward the idea of a recording studio. We at the centre would now like to celebrate/commemorate Jeff Lynne's association with the Shard End Community Centre as well as Shard End being his birthplace. Can anyone help us in any way; we would like to make it a very big event.

Brian King
Centre Manager
Shard End Community Centre
Packington Avenue, Shard End, B34 7RD
Tel: 0121 464 5485
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: