ELOFANS
Oct 28, 2020, 08:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeing ELO live  (Read 12782 times)
eloise
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: Jan 08, 2005, 12:46 »

Hi all, i'm new here, seems like a good place, i was lucky enough to see the guys live 4 times between 1976 and 1986 and they were fab!!!!!! can't see a reconciliation happening, but i still pray for one every day, anyone else feel E.L.O  are addictive?Huh?? Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2010, 09:09 by eloise » Logged
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2005, 05:41 »

Hi Stella, thanks for stopping by. Which 4 shows did you see?
eloise
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2005, 09:25 »

Sorry to take a while replying, had a hectic weekend!!!!!! the first show was 1976 at Portsmouth Guildhall Face the Music, then I missed the Out of the Blue show due to illness, saw them at Wembley Arena for the Time tour in '81 then twice in '86 at the N.E.C Birmingham where they did Heartbeat '86 and a couple of months or so later at Wembley Stadium they were on the same bill as Rod Stewart, some memories have faded but I have some fab memeories of those days that can never be replaced xxxxx
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2010, 09:11 by eloise » Logged
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2005, 12:42 »

Quote from: "stella"
Sorry to take a while replying, had a hectic weekend!!!!!! the first show was 1976 at Portsmouth guildhall Face the Music, then i missed the Out of the Blue show due to illness, saw them at Wembley Arena for the Time tour in `81 then twice in `86 at the N.E.C Birmingham where they did Heartbeat `86 and a couple of months or so later at Wembley Stadium they were on the same bill as Rod Stewart, some memeories have faded but i have some fab memeories of those days that can never be replaced xxxxx

I went to Wembley in 78 (big bro took me with his friends... I was only 13!), Wembley in 81, Heartbeat 86 & also the Rod Stewart thing (got soaking wet in the middle of the field when it rained!).

That was the sum total of my original ELO live experiences!

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2005, 05:24 »

Before Storytellers and the PBS Shows, my only real opportunity to see ELO was in 1981, but I couldn't get to the show.

I had to wait 20 years, but finally....

Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2005, 05:43 »

Actually there was a slim chance in 1986 to see the final show in Stuttgart since I was in Austria at the time, but once again the opportunity was missed.

Both of the above passes once belonged to Dave Morgan- the bottom one was the pass he had for the 1986 Montreux Rock Festival.
eloise
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2005, 09:27 »

Quote from: "whiskeygirl"
Quote from: "stella"
Sorry to take a while replying, had a hectic weekend!!!!!! the first show was 1976 at Portsmouth guildhall Face the Music, then i missed the Out of the Blue show due to illness, saw them at Wembley Arena for the Time tour in `81 then twice in `86 at the N.E.C Birmingham where they did Heartbeat `86 and a couple of months or so later at Wembley Stadium they were on the same bill as Rod Stewart, some memeories have faded but i have some fab memeories of those days that can never be replaced xxxxx

I went to Wembley in 78 (big bro took me with his friends... I was only 13!), Wembley in 81, Heartbeat 86 & also the Rod Stewart thing (got soaking wet in the middle of the field when it rained!).

That was the sum total of my original ELO live experiences!

Serena

Yeah it rained as they were singing Mr Blue Sky, i thought that was quite funny at the time, what about you Serena???thought the Heartbeat thingy was fab, specially the welcome the guys got, they made the day for a lot of people, i have that all on a very precious video tape xxxx
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2005, 12:50 »

Hello everybody, I'm an ELO fan from the Netherlands, since I first heard the tracks of the ELO music in a record store during a short stay in London. It was just after the release of "Out of the blue" in 1978. I was a member of the Dutch ELO fanclub (leaded by Diego Diesveld) during many years, I have seen the ELO Time Tour performance at the 23rd may of 1981 in Rotterdam, Ahoy, the Netherlands. But the most spectacular and unexpected performance for me was, with the ELO II setting, a one and only single concert with a very small audiance in the open air on a market in Apeldoorn, a rather small village in the Netherlands, at the 12th June 1998. It was a warm, sunny day and I remember that the band started later then planned, due to a better view of the light show. It was quite a long performance, and they played a compilation of all old ELO songs. It was good to see ELO live for once more, I have a very nice memory to this concert.

greetings from Peter, the Netherlands.
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: Aug 28, 2005, 10:20 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Hello everybody, I'm an ELO fan from the Netherlands, since I first heard the tracks of the ELO music in a record store during a short stay in London. It was just after the release of "Out of the blue" in 1978. I was a member of the Dutch ELO fanclub (leaded by Diego Diesveld) during many years, I have seen the ELO Time Tour performance at the 23rd may of 1981 in Rotterdam, Ahoy, the Netherlands. But the most spectacular and unexpected performance for me was, with the ELO II setting, a one and only single concert with a very small audiance in the open air on a market in Apeldoorn, a rather small village in the Netherlands, at the 12th June 1998. It was a warm, sunny day and I remember that the band started later then planned, due to a better view of the light show. It was quite a long performance, and they played a compilation of all old ELO songs. It was good to see ELO live for once more, I have a very nice memory to this concert.

greetings from Peter, the Netherlands.

I was at this show!  I have the photos somewhere, not in digital form, that I'll get around to scanning sometime.
But in actuality I thought the weather was kind of cool and cloudy for a summer day, but that may be typical summer weather there.
dave9999

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2005, 02:54 »

Went to the 1981 "Time" concert at Wembly Arena. I wondered at the "Time" why Couldn't they have hired out the Wembley Stadium?. No answers please.. None...  Overall I was Disapointed, After buying all their LP's and loads of Blue, Purple etc singles up to that point. Where were ELO, Some blokes who I'd never heard of/seen before, an extra couple of keyboards and A good 3 band members missing. It wasn't just a kick in the teeth for the now EX members but a kick in the teeth for the fans as well. To top it all, a lot of the songs about 1/2 way allong were only half a song quickly joined on to another 1/2 song with hardly any concern or effort put in. It seemed all a bit too much of a Bother for them. I should say, "One" of them, but I really wouldn't want to upset anyones feelings around here..
Having seen a Sex Pistols video 15 years later with Johnny Rotten crouching down telling the Audiance "Ever get the feeling you've been Cheated" I said "Yes Johnny Matey, When I went to see ELO at the "Time" Concert at Wembley Arena in 1981".... I wish very much so that I had seen them with their Giant Hamburger a few years earlyer.
They could have walked on stage, turned around, dropped their cacks, crouched down, shat, pulled their pants up, walked off to the audiance clapping and the curtain closing. Had they done that, I wouldn't have felt shat upon as much as I did at the "Time" concert.
That is the truth, Many an ELO fan I spoke to felt the same and most proberly many still feel the same to this day. AND would say so if they could be bothered to do so...... Any that don't, well they must be more forgiving than me. Progress blah,blah. jeff wanted Blah,Blah. It ended then. Like Football did around 1975 with the Million Pound Football Player and Advertising across the front of their shirts. I'm writing this to get it off my chest mainly.. not only for me but all those Fans who saw the Death of their favorite band right in front of their eyes.
Of course on the other hand Jeff and the group DID produce some really good music both up to and even beyond that date. Mainly before so, but Some really good music Was Produced, Not fantasticly appreciated nowerdays by the vast Populus, but then blow them!.
I never did buy enother ELO album, prefering to pay a Pound to copy it from the Libary.
I've always envisaged Jeff giving Roy a good duffing over to get hold of the group. I'm happy enough to keep that in mind, what ever the truth is in that particular case..BUT only in that one!. I really don't think as good a volume of good music would have come of it had Roy not cleared off.
He is a fine Musician having seen his Roy Woods Army at the soon to be closed down Roadmender Club in Northampton. He had his equipment stolen a short while before the gig, bleating on about it with leaflets with reward money etc. dozy roadie got it in the neck for that!. I got there early, wrote a nice letter to him requesting he played "Last thing on my mind" perhaps wasn't one of "His" records. He didn't play it, waiting all night for it. Another Disappointment! . I left feeling glad he'd recently had his Gear nicked . And I like the bloke!. ...
I'll have to be more forgiving.
dave9999

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2005, 03:21 »

Sorry about that!. not the content of my Post, THAT is the "New gospel" well part of it , but the Goofy message posting system posting it twice, Still some things are better second "Time" around.  Copy it out into your drafts folder in Outlook Express, and Cherish it for the rest of your life.  Would Heaven itself be better than that Post!..
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2005, 03:56 »

I think some historical perspective is in order re: the billing on the shows with Deep Purple.  Elf (with Ronnie James Dio) opened, then came ELO and Purple were the headliners.  Deep Purple were one of the biggest bands in the world at that time, our lads were the up and comers...
Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2006, 02:33 »

Seen 'em too many times to recount here but if you were at the Rod Stewart thing, It was me who shouted 'Hello' back to Jeff Lynne during Telephone Line!!
Utter
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2006, 09:11 »

what? did Jeff appear on a Rod Stewart show?

///Utter
Anonymous
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2006, 02:55 »

Quote from: "Utter"
what? did Jeff appear on a Rod Stewart show?

///Utter

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: