ELOFANS
Dec 11, 2017, 04:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Version of Save Me Now for Hurricane Relief  (Read 3793 times)
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: Nov 21, 2012, 10:58 »

A number of rock legends and some newer artists are contributing exclusive tracks (and a couple of other cool items) to help fund relief efforts in the south Brooklyn neighborhood of Red Hook. Songs After Sandy: Friends of Red Hook For Sandy Relief will feature tracks from Ringo Starr, Joe Walsh, Eric Burdon of The Animals, ELO’s Jeff Lynne, and Bob Weir of The Grateful Dead, among others. 

Ringo is contributing a live version of “Wings” recorded on his latest All-Starr Band tour. Walsh’s track is a new live version of “Rocky Mountain Way,” featuring Starr on drums. 

Lynne’s contribution is a new version of a song he’d written decades ago. In a statement, he said, “This is a brand new electric version of ‘Save Me Now,’ a song I wrote 22 years ago about this very subject — global warming and the need to listen and be kind to our planet. I wanted to contribute to Songs After Sandy because I feel terrible about what happened, and my heart goes out to all of the people still stuck in it and trying to work through it.” 

http://khitschicago.cbslocal.com/2012/11/21/ringo-starr-joe-walsh-jeff-lynne-come-together-for-songs-after-sandy-hurricane-relief/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: