ELOFANS
Jul 22, 2019, 05:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: balance of power cover  (Read 2481 times)
Anonymous
« on: May 20, 2004, 01:39 »

hello, i would like to know why there was not the traditinall elo logo on the balance of power cover  album  HuhHuhHuh  'lease help me , many thanks
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 01:48 »

Quote from: "Anonymous"
hello, i would like to know why there was not the traditinall elo logo on the balance of power cover  album  HuhHuhHuh  'lease help me , many thanks
That's a good question which I've also wondered about but I have some theories. I think that ELO was trying to change their image a little bit and distance themselves from the logo on Discovery and Xanadu. Those albums sort of destroyed any equity the wurlitzer logo had built up. When the scaled down logo on Time and Secret Messages failed to slow the decline in album sales, they scrapped it all together and went with a new one. The new logo represented their new synth based sound with no strings. As we know, the new logo didn't stop the decline in sales. I thought it was cool though!
BillCarter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Aug 01, 2004, 12:51 »

Times change Jeff needed a change. The ELO of the Jukebox logo had passed & I feel Jeff thought it was time to move on. Just as there were no OOTB or ANWR strings on the album.
Gavin Ewoldt
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2005, 08:05 »

I think that the Balance of Power cover went without the ELO logo to push away from the classic rock era that they were known for. The album itself was adjusted to retro synthesizers to fit the mid 80s format. Why? Maybe because that what the style of music out at the time. Since there was no ELO music following '83, the band probably wanted to come into this session with fresh new music....and a new album cover abandoning the logo. Looking at the cover, looks like another typical retro 80s cover.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: