ELOFANS
Oct 19, 2019, 05:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Standing firm for cheesy rock  (Read 2607 times)
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: Mar 17, 2005, 06:51 »

Below is a link to a recent article by a guy defending his appreciation for ELO.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/news/kerr/3_15kerr.htm
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2005, 10:21 »

Hey,

I totally agree with the article,

I think that's the whole point of the worldwide ''ELO-boycot''. People are (unbelieveble but true) embarassed to let their ''friends'' know that they like ELO. Because ELO is: to soft, to catchy, to overproduced, to beautifull. I also think in the musicbussines a lot of bands and famous artists can't stand the magical talents of Jeff Lynne, on every album he wrote, most of the songs are very good ones, that has been something very exceptional in the past and in the present days, the only artists who are up there with Jeff are the Beegees and Abba in my personal opinion, these bands also had to deal with a lot of critic's and boycots.
(excuse me for my bad English writing)
Willem(www.alternativa.nl)
AlternativA
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2005, 02:41 »

I've always thought it a bit weird to be ashamed of one's musical tastes. If you like it, you like it!
jonnybhairspray

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2005, 04:31 »

I loved the article.

I must admit, I don't go out of my way to advertise my love of ELO.  Although, anyone who visits my house couldn't fail to notice the very large Out of the Blue framed poster on my livingroom wall !

Hey by the way.  I'm new to this forum, My real name is Graham, I'm 33 and I like in Kent (England).  Anyone else on here from my neck of the woods?

I have of course been listening to ELO since my dad played his albums constantly through the late seventies.
AlternativA
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2005, 08:16 »

Quote from: "jonnybhairspray"

I must admit, I don't go out of my way to advertise my love of ELO.  quote]

Well, I DO go out of my way advertising for ELO, because I think ELO's music is for a lot of people that never heard about ELO, a hidden treashure, I often see people smile out of the blue  when they hear ELO.
I'm proud to be an ELO-music addict, and I WILL let the whole world now,

greetz Willem
www.alternativa.nl
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: