ELOFANS
Sep 24, 2021, 03:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Zoom tour live dvd  (Read 38237 times)
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: Jul 01, 2005, 06:49 »

Quote from: "beachboy"

By the way On The Third Day is my favorite ELO album because it was raw and really showed what the magnificent seven could do with that line up in the studio.

Beach

According to my liner notes, it was the "magnificent six" on On The Third Day...unless someone was omitted.

Jeff, Bev, Richard, Mike de Albuquerque, Mike Edwards, and Mik.

I believe the commonly accepted "magnificent seven" would be Jeff, Bev, Richard, Kelly, Mik, Hugh, and Melvyn for playing and Lou for conducting.

ELO_chick
cant get it out of my hea
« Reply #46 on: Jul 01, 2005, 07:15 »

So ELOISM and ELO_chick seem to think that anyone who claims "in their profession" to understand aggression can kiss my you-know- what !! Since when did this become a psychiatric assessment forum? We are talking about the attributes and ideosynracies of the members of a 1970's era pop band!! This is not the foreign policy decisions of nations on wether or not the Iraq war was just !! Or some other "important "dialogue! See it for what it is!! Did ELOISM not refer to Lynne as afro man on this  site? And call him a pillow dribbler? Ok, that post says that he/she is infantile, and insecure enough to bring someones age into question. I dont really care, and I dont think many others to (except maybe the chick) to hear your so-called "evaluations" of the posters on this site! Go play psychiatry analyzer someplace else! I think what bugged you was my VERY accurate description of many "head-honchos" of various major rock acts! You simply couldnt argue, and settled on claiming that I knew Randy Rhoades brother or something. I was NOT bragging, only saying I knew various people onthe INSIDE in some other major rock acts of the same era as ELO!!! For you to dismiss this as "pompous lunacy" shows that you are a) NOT involved in any way, shape or form in the assesment field of human behaviour, and b) that if you were, you would NOT use language like that towards an adversary, and get a reaction that is equally hostile!  Now, if I was claiming outlandish things like Jeff was evil, and Bev was hateful to the extent of wishing harm to Jeff, then you could maybe make those claims! But when I give other 100% factual examples of simialr situatiions, you ignore it, and rather do some research into these claims about other bands (and maybe learn something), instead you get all "I dont care if you know Randy R's brother", YOU show your immaturity and "I must be right" attitude! "Choice of words and supportive tangents"? Are you serious? Get off your high horse! To me you seem to BE just like the eg's I gave about Boston, the Cars, and BTO!! Maybe you are associated with one of those bands, who knows?  Again, instaed of getting all angry yourself, and dismissive ( Ijust read again your rant about Randy Rhodes) , why dont you put down the "101 things you must know to be a psychiatrist" book, and debate calmly?  Its funny how the guy at the beach didnt take issue with my statement, in fact he agreed, saying thats how the biz operates! Maybe YOU should spend some time at the beach, relax, and stop giving ELO fans an image of smarmy, intellectual , know-it-all attitude! Either that or start listening to Steely Dan !     One last thing....people like you love to spout this and that, but when they come across someone who makes some good points, but they dont agree, has to get ALL analytical. Give me a break!!!  Sorry to say this, but I can just imagine what you look like. And I bet you still live at home w/ mommy at 45 yrs of age. Maybe you SHOULD get down to that beach!!!
cant get it out of my hea
« Reply #47 on: Jul 01, 2005, 07:29 »

2 more quick things....ELO_chick, the only aggression you should worry about is from the P.L.O.,not anything ELO-related!    And ELOISM? Seeing how you tried analysing moi, I feel from YOUR words and phrasing, that YOU would be the kind of individual to drag people you associate with (at work, if you were in a band, maybe even your neighbour) and had problems with , through the legal system! I just get that " they wronged me, and I'll show them" attitude! Gee, that is sort of what like many "leaders" of big rock/pop groups do to their fellow musicians!!
beachboy
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: Jul 01, 2005, 07:34 »

Leave the bloody beach out of it.... LOL

Beach
beachboy
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: Jul 01, 2005, 07:35 »

Beach
beachboy
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: Jul 01, 2005, 07:36 »

Beach
cant get it ouuta my head
« Reply #51 on: Jul 01, 2005, 07:44 »

The beach was NOT refering to beachboy! But Judemac, who enjoys the beach in southern California!! Anyway, while on the subject of beach, the best beach boy song is "God only knows"! Classic! And yes, there is yet ANOTHER band who has fought, involved lawyers, lawsuits, and wow...even psychiatrists!!!    Now if only Mike Love, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine, and Bruce Johnson could get together and not hate one another for a while!!!! tour?HuhHuhHuh??
cant get it outta my head
« Reply #52 on: Jul 01, 2005, 08:34 »

is that what jeff told kelly and bev in 1987? Out of the band, and no more tours!!
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: Jul 01, 2005, 10:40 »

Quote from: "cant get it out of my hea"
So ELOISM and ELO_chick seem to think that anyone who claims "in their profession" to understand aggression can kiss my you-know- what !!

Without even reading the rest of your tirade I want to correct your first statement. Go back and read my post again. I said that you should know the answer to a question before you reply to it. I DID NOT SAY OR IMPLY ANY MORE THAN THAT!!!!!

ELO_chick
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: Jul 01, 2005, 10:43 »

2 more quick things....ELO_chick, the only aggression you should worry about is from the P.L.O., not anything ELO-related!

Again I direct you to my post...I said you should know the answer to a question before you ask it. It was a joke. Where do you see the word "agression"?

ELO_chick
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: Jul 01, 2005, 12:55 »

It is very interesting that nobody replied to my Floyd comaprison (if they can do it.....)!!!   Instead they begin starting to talk about Dave Morgan !!  Who gives a shinealittlelove about Dave Morgan?Huh  Its like talking about david coverdale in Deep Purple, or DIO in Sabbath! People want Ian Gillan, and Ozzy, respectively!! So cut the crap, and respond to my "If Gilmour and Waters can patch things up...." piece!

Such is the way of message boards...they drift off topic after the second reply LOLOL  

I agree with your first post. If Waters and Gilmour, after washing their dirty linen in public, have reunited for Live 8 - then anything could happen. Right now it seems that they reunited just for that, but time will tell.

And ELO? Well, it is possible that Jeff wasn't invited to reunite the band.

ELO_chick
« Reply #56 on: Jul 02, 2005, 03:38 »

Bob Geldof should have approached Lynne and the boys, and made em an offer they couldnt refuse! Told em he would say they dont give a damn about Africa!  That would reunite em pretty quick!    If the mighty Floyd DO continue this, and mount a world tour next yr, all the more reason others (such as ELO) could do it! I even hear now The Cars are patching up differences, and getting back together!  The phrase "why cant we all just get along" is apt here!    One more addition to the bands I mentioned who are bickering is CCR!!  John Fogerty HATES the remaining two others, and didnt even SPEAK to HIS OWN BROTHER, Tom Fogerty, after a disagreement about the band! Tom has since died!    How bloody tragic!!!    I admire The Stones more each day for keeping it together!!
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: Jul 02, 2005, 04:51 »

Quote from: "cant get it outta my head"
Bob Geldof should have approached Lynne and the boys, and made em an offer they couldnt refuse! Told em he would say they dont give a damn about Africa!  That would reunite em pretty quick!

My point was, how do we know that Bob Geldof wants ELO there? Maybe he doesn't!
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Jul 02, 2005, 08:18 »

Quote from: "ELO_chick"
My point was, how do we know that Bob Geldof wants ELO there? Maybe he doesn't!

According to an item I read on C4's Teletext yesterday, it was a toss-up between 2 "novelty band reunions" - Pink Floyd or the Spice Girls!

Mercifully, Pink Floyd won. ELO didn't even come into the equation.

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
« Reply #59 on: Jul 02, 2005, 10:32 »

In ELO, jeff would be "scary" spice, and kelly would be "baby" spice. Bev would certainly be "posh" !!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: