ELOFANS
Sep 24, 2021, 04:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Visits from Jeff?  (Read 7019 times)
Anonymous
« on: Jun 23, 2005, 03:12 »

Do you think Jeff visits this website?

I wonder if he has been a guest and answers some of the topics discussed. :wink:
Ntwilight
« Reply #1 on: Jun 23, 2005, 10:06 »

I wonder why no one has replied to this.  I think he does visit here.
ELOISM
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2005, 04:24 »

I would have to apologize for some of the things I have said.
Sorry man. I reckon Eric or Kelly or Hux or any of the others
probably do visit too and I reckon they all have taken part in some of the chats.
I reckon Jeffs been here for sure. Look very carefully it might be you..
beachboy
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2005, 06:56 »

I wouldnt apologise. If you choose to become an artist or a any kind of figure that becomes public one has to take whatever is dished out. They cant be expected to roll in a pit of adulation 24/7. Theyre only human and sometimes that means having to face critcism and even anger (as long as its not personal).

So no I dont mind whats written here

Jeff
(kidding!)
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Jul 03, 2005, 04:00 »

Quote from: "beachboy"
I wouldnt apologise. If you choose to become an artist or a any kind of figure that becomes public one has to take whatever is dished out. They cant be expected to roll in a pit of adulation 24/7. Theyre only human and sometimes that means having to face critcism and even anger (as long as its not personal).

So no I dont mind whats written here

Jeff
(kidding!)

From what I know, none of them care what the fans say about them on these forums LOL

ELO_chick
cant get it outta my head
« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2005, 11:59 »

If anyone is apologizing, it should be me!  I called Rosie Vala some terrible things in another thread! After watching her in that Zoom tour live, however, its like seeing your father with a new, young wife! I hurt for Bev and Kelly the way I would for my mother if "Dad" was parading around some young,hot thing! What else can I say? It made me turn to stone!  I would KILL to be in the same room as Kelly and Bev, while watching a dvd of that show for the first time! How "Do Ya" think they felt seeing Rosie shaking her "stuff" in THEIR (at least Bev's) band???
beachboy
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: Jul 04, 2005, 06:09 »

Quote from: "cant get it outta my head"
If anyone is apologizing, it should be me!  I called Rosie Vala some terrible things in another thread! After watching her in that Zoom tour live, however, its like seeing your father with a new, young wife! I hurt for Bev and Kelly the way I would for my mother if "Dad" was parading around some young,hot thing! What else can I say? It made me turn to stone!  I would KILL to be in the same room as Kelly and Bev, while watching a dvd of that show for the first time! How "Do Ya" think they felt seeing Rosie shaking her "stuff" in THEIR (at least Bev's) band???

I actually heard that when the guys heard Jeff say "we are ELO they laughed". I know what youre saying about feeling sad.

I downloaded some ELO videos and just watching the four or the seven together and knowing its not going to happen again... Its sad. Its always so cool to watch those guys play together. The Zoom DVD was Jeff and Richard with a bunch of session musicians and anyone believe that "we are ELO" has been sucked in to the masquerade.

Musically it was very nice but visually Jeff was a 21 century Roy Orbison.

But Jeff Bev and Kelly all made their beds so they can sleep in them now. Depsite what anyone thinks of whoever, they all made decisions that have resulted in us not ever being able to see our favorite band of muso's perform together again. As my Mum used to say, "someone should bang their silly heads together and shake out the nonsense"... LOL

I've been slammed on other forums for living in the past, told to get a life, told that Jeff can do what he wants... blah blah bloody blah.  I will always be a Jeff Lynne fan... But I was an ELO fan first and that had seven people in it.

Beach
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Jul 04, 2005, 07:33 »

Quote from: "beachboy"

I downloaded some ELO videos and just watching the four or the seven together and knowing its not going to happen again... Its sad. Its always so cool to watch those guys play together. The Zoom DVD was Jeff and Richard with a bunch of session musicians and anyone believe that "we are ELO" has been sucked in to the masquerade.

Musically it was very nice but visually Jeff was a 21 century Roy Orbison.

But Jeff Bev and Kelly all made their beds so they can sleep in them now. Depsite what anyone thinks of whoever, they all made decisions that have resulted in us not ever being able to see our favorite band of muso's perform together again. As my Mum used to say, "someone should bang their silly heads together and shake out the nonsense"... LOL

I've been slammed on other forums for living in the past, told to get a life, told that Jeff can do what he wants... blah blah bloody blah.  I will always be a Jeff Lynne fan... But I was an ELO fan first and that had seven people in it.

Beach

I had the same experience and you have stated my sentiments exactly!

ELO_chick
ELOISM
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jul 05, 2005, 01:13 »

21 Century. Thanks Roy.
What do you think Serena?
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jul 05, 2005, 06:44 »

Quote from: "ELOISM"
21 Century. Thanks Roy.
What do you think Serena?

With regards to the Zoom DVD - at the risk of being flamed ('scuse me whilst I put the asbestos undies on!), I have to admit to seeing the DVD once round a friend's house, and being bored to tears. No chemistry, no action, and all the songs sounded just as they do on the albums. Still the studio audience (99% diehards), lapped it up.

As for the other opinions expressed by Beach & ELO-chick, yes, I too see them as a band rather than as one guy (regardless of whether or not he wrote the songs - that was his choice) doing just about everything himself and then telling the world it was just him.

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
ELOISM
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2005, 02:44 »

I did not and will not be purchasing the ZOOM DVD.
I saw a bit of that show and I thought it was an insult to ELO.
We need to see a few of the original members together and
not just one of them pretending to be a legitimate representation.
The entire ZOOM scenario was fundamentally meretricious.

I am going to use my money to buy THE ORCHESTRA NO REWIND.
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jul 06, 2005, 07:19 »

Quote from: "ELOISM"
I did not and will not be purchasing the ZOOM DVD.
I saw a bit of that show and I thought it was an insult to ELO.
We need to see a few of the original members together and
not just one of them pretending to be a legitimate representation.
The entire ZOOM scenario was fundamentally meretricious.

I am going to use my money to buy THE ORCHESTRA NO REWIND.
I wondered where those asbestos undies had gone...

Now I know - ELOISM's obviously got them! Cheesy

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: Jul 06, 2005, 12:18 »

Quote from: "whiskeygirl"

As for the other opinions expressed by Beach & ELO-chick, yes, I too see them as a band rather than as one guy (regardless of whether or not he wrote the songs - that was his choice) doing just about everything himself and then telling the world it was just him.

Serena

and he said the same thing in his first sentence on last night's interview: "it's always been MY project, to do what I wanted to do..." and that pretty much set the theme for the rest of the show. About early ELO, Jeff said they "hired cellists and a violin player" but did not mention their names. "Other band members" were supposed to be interviewed on the show according to the blurb that came out before, but that comprised Richard Tandy and a guest Marc Bolan. Sigh.

And yes, the Zoom DVD is boring...like watching a concert of chamber music.

ELO_chick
Admin
Administrator
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Jul 07, 2005, 01:32 »

Quote from: "ELO_chick"

"Other band members" were supposed to be interviewed on the show according to the blurb that came out before, but that comprised Richard Tandy and a guest Marc Bolan. Sigh.

And yes, the Zoom DVD is boring...like watching a concert of chamber music.

ELO_chick

Well Marc Bolan was not an interviewed guest for reasons beyond his control...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: