ELOFANS
Sep 24, 2021, 04:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Fourteen-year-old ELO Freak!!  (Read 27463 times)
lynnefan05
« Reply #45 on: Dec 02, 2005, 09:29 »

Hello, my ELO amigos! Just a quick question: am I strange for having a crush on Jeff Lynne?! :?  Unbelievably, me being a fifteen-year-old girl in the US in the year 2005 automatically makes EVERYONE over thirty-five think I am a typical teenager obsessed with teen idols such as Eminem, 50 Cent, Jesse McCartney, blah, blah, blah!!! :roll:
Let me just say this: I HAVE A HUGE CRUSH ON JEFF LYNNE OF ELO, AND THE MAJORITY OF ANYONE IN MOST OF MY CLASSES KNOWS THIS. I DO NOT CARE!!!!!
Thank you.
lynnefan05 Cool
Anonymous
« Reply #46 on: Dec 03, 2005, 05:34 »

All right! Finally a girl has a crush on someone who is in their late fifties! (or somethin like that) what amazes me is that you like someone who is liked by old people. (age 40 and up!)Just jokin! kudos to you.
dylanmusic
« Reply #47 on: Dec 03, 2005, 05:40 »

My god, i'm twelve, and i've liked ELO since i was three. I have a big collection though! Bootlegs, rarities, and much more!
Nuihc88
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: Dec 03, 2005, 05:34 »

almost everybody is a bit strange... and people who are not strange are strange because they are not strange, so i guess strangeness is quite irrelevant...

PS. strangeness is just another  state of mind

New Renaissance is coming, are you ready?
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Dec 03, 2005, 07:41 »

I have to admit to getting into the band when I was 13, back in 1978. However, I never found Jeff remotely attractive. I much preferred Bev and Richard.

Serena

ou can't rewind your life...
Gavin Ewoldt
« Reply #50 on: Dec 06, 2005, 08:09 »

nope, not the one.
lynnefan05
« Reply #51 on: Jan 05, 2006, 11:05 »

Hello, my ELO-adoring amigos! :wink: I haven't posted anything here in a while; the holidays were really hectic! Up here in the redwoods of Northern California, we have had unbelievable flooding, but it has since receded. In fact, for the past two days, Mr. Blue Sky has been smiling down upon us! Cool (I'm glad; I really missed Mr. Blue.) :cry:
Well, I'll stop boring you with my witty banter about the weather. :roll: Just thought I'd stop by and say hey. Oh yeah, here's something funny: About three months ago, I was assigned to do a demonstration speech in front of my English class. I already knew what I was destined to do it on... :idea: what a vinyl record is, and how to care for one! Cheesy
My teacher loved it, but my idea just confused my classmates. When I got up in front of the room with my example (which just happened to be my treasured copy of A New World Record), a girl named Stephanie asked me why I was doing a speech on Frisbees. :lol:
Hmmmmm... There's some food-for-thought! :wink:
lynnefan05
« Reply #52 on: Jan 05, 2006, 11:33 »

Hi again! One more interesting bit of the confusion (it's such a terrible shame) confusion (you don't know what you're sayin)... okay, okay, I'll stop! Cool Anyway, here is what I am talking about: as a sophomore at my high school, I must dress out in my gym clothes every day. I actually don't mind this too much, and I like my well- decorated gym locker. But during the week before Winter Break, some of the girls in my corridor of lockers caught sight of the pictures hung in my locker.
You would not believe their shock. :shock: No, I did not have pictures of the latest "stars" or "musicians"- I had a color photo (from the Internet) of ELO from 1979. :wink: I also had the album covers from Eldorado, Discovery, A New World Record, and others hung up, and some more random photos of Jeff Lynne. When one of my classmates asked who they were, since they already think I am beyond strange, I replied with, "Wonderous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along." Cheesy
Ah, the joys of being an ELO fan! :wink:
Nuihc88
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: Jan 06, 2006, 04:01 »

hmmm... i wonder if all of us (elo fans) are considered beyond strange, because i sure am too :-), i would consider myself as crasy though :-P

and by the way: confusing people is fun :-D

New Renaissance is coming, are you ready?
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Jan 06, 2006, 08:19 »

Back when I was 14 and at secondary school in 1979, I had 2 sets of pics of the band inside the door of my locker too!

At least you only got funny looks - I used to get jeers and cries of "Yuk!" every time I opened the door due to not having the latest teeny idols of the time in there (the likes of Travolta way back then). I was once asked how I could possibly like a band like that, as they "weren't even good looking!" 'Twas a pity ELO Part II were not around then, as Eric Troyer's looks (the long hair, large eyes, boyish face) were considered 'acceptable' at the time - they may have actually picked up a few more teenage female fans (in Ilford, Essex, England, at any rate!) back in the 70's with him on board!

Even way back then, the music was a very small factor in how some of these 'idols' made their name.

Serena

littlemisshappy
« Reply #55 on: Jan 08, 2006, 07:21 »

Hmm...well most of the people in my year level all know of my er...."musical orientation" as they affectionately dub it. I have a few friends who accept it (as if I need their almighty acceptance!) and even listen to it when I play it on my ipod, but then there are the others who think I'm stuck in a timewarp.....about 20 years before my time mind you! Either way I don't really care, although I think I will ELO-en up my locker for my last year of school Smiley That will be fun!

I say rock on to the strangeness of ELO fans, I mean of course, I'm strange in my own right, but hey a little ELO never hurt anyone!!

Whiskey Girl, in relation to the looks department, I reckon Bev was a bit of a spunk in the Discovery Era, after watching the Videoclips!!

BTW this is Littlemisshappy, but I'm to tired to log in, lolz!
whiskeygirl
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Jan 08, 2006, 02:05 »

Whiskey Girl, in relation to the looks department, I reckon Bev was a bit of a spunk in the Discovery Era, after watching the Videoclips!!

Unfortunately, due to the big frilly blouses he wore back then, my schoolmates thought he was a big girl!  :lol:

There was one who thought Richard Tandy was 'potentially cute', though, but that didn't catch on...

Serena

Anonymous
« Reply #57 on: Jan 10, 2006, 09:21 »

Fair enough WhiskeyGirl! Smiley
peter d
« Reply #58 on: Feb 01, 2006, 01:41 »

Hi

I'd like to see a picture of you in your gym kit as I am fond of young girls!
gregralls
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: Feb 02, 2006, 12:25 »

i know my friends think i'm obsessed & quite strange...nice to see i'm not the only obsessed elo fan!

reg
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: