ELOFANS
Aug 04, 2021, 07:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to ELOFANS.COM!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lattitude 88 North  (Read 14663 times)
ELO_chick
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: Feb 06, 2007, 07:22 »

Quote from: "david1leigh"
According to http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/BFLAT33/new.html the single is available from 5th Feb

It's available today Feb 6 on iTunes UK and Ireland.
david1leigh
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2007, 10:28 »

I have looked but cannot find it. Where is it?HuhHuhHuh
Don't they want my money?Huh??
Apollo
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Feb 07, 2007, 09:49 »

Just heard a short run of Lat 88 North on youtube and luv it. I also am waiting for my special edition Out of the blue reissue from FTM which I beleive  has this song as a bonus release so I'm watching the mail box daily!!!!!!!!!
I'm really glad Jeff took on this project of reissues as material from him is far and few between but it's worth the wait. I find most of theses songs that didnt make the first relase on alblums stand up fine on thier own and are great to hear for the first time. It's also fun to see new kids (17-20's) post positive comments on ELO's music at youtube. Most are impressed with jeff's song writing talent and arrangements and question why aren't more artist writing interesting music like this. Not bad Jeff....not bad at all.... :wink:
MarvinDJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: Mar 01, 2007, 04:54 »

Check this out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw9nnnGnVxo

In the absence of any promo stuff this will have to do. Good effort though, comments??
olisteph

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Mar 07, 2007, 12:50 »

I was driving in my hometown Reykjavik this morning when I heard Latitude 88 North on the radio. I don't listen to radio much when I'm driving - prefer Jeff and the other guys on CD. This time, however, I was listening to Bylgjan, the second most popular station. I checked their website http://www.bylgjan.is and was surprised to see that the song is no. 3 on their airplay chart! A great song, by the way. This was the first time I heard the entire track and I loved it.

Sundowners, we'll go on and on, we'll find the land of the midnight sun.
david1leigh
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: Mar 07, 2007, 09:34 »

It has not had much airplay over here in the uk. Our local radio station has played it once, only because i wrote to them and complained. Radio 2 had played it a few times but not enough to get anyone interested.
olisteph

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Mar 24, 2007, 12:39 »

Latitude 88 North charts in Iceland!

Don't you think it's totally appropriate, considering the lyrics, that Latitude 88 North has charted in Iceland? Last week it was no. 17 on the brand new Icelandic singles list published in daily newspaper Morgunbladid. This week it's dropped to no. 19.

Just got my copy of the remastered Out of the Blue from Amazon. ELO has never sounded better.

Sundowners, we'll go on and on, we'll find the land of the midnight sun.
tabruns
Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: Apr 03, 2007, 10:44 »

Gotta say I love this 'new' song.....so glad Lynne pulled it out of the vault (and wondering what other gems lay undiscovered in there).
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: